QC - Field Services Business Intelligence Program
Req Id: 239302
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell's Field Services team is proud to be the face of the Bell brand, performing the best installation and repair services and maintaining Bell's network for our residential and business customers.
The Field Services Business Intelligence team resides within Field Services and is responsible for developing, maintaining and using data to drive insights on customer experience and field technician's productivity. The team consists of business analysts for analyzing data, developers for sourcing and maintaining data and programmers for presenting the data in dashboards and other reports. Our team partners closely with other business intelligence teams within the company and supports our field frontline and support teams with impactful insights that help us continue to transform the business.
We are looking for a soon-to-be or recent university graduate with an aptitude to create business impacts using data-driven approach. As part of this team you will have the opportunity to implement the latest practices in dimensional modeling, data visualization and enabling all Field Services team members to have faster and more insightful access to the drivers of their operations.
Our Field Services Business Intelligence grads, after completing 12 months in Business Intelligence, have the opportunity to "go and see" various parts of the business to expand their knowledge of Field Services in an area aligned with their current work. The "go and see" rotation will be 4 to 6 months.
If you have the desire to work in a fast-paced environment, on a strong technical team with business acumen while using the latest analytical platforms and tools, then the Field Service Business Intelligence team is the place to be.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Build and manage the dimension data model to most accurately capture the field process with a focus on customer experience indicators to track our performance and identify areas needing improvement through:
- Understanding and mapping the connections between field and upstream systems for installation and repair activities for residential, business and wholesale customers with our Fibe TV, Internet and Voice products
- Leveraging the latest thinking in dimensional data modeling to build efficient and comprehensive fact and dimensional models to measure the success of our processes
- Creating powerfully simple and easy to understand ETLs from many complex source systems
- Meeting with frontline managers, peers and executives to identify the requirements for a successful data model
- Challenging existing metrics and thinking to bring new ways of measuring our operations
- Aligning field data model with existing dimensions in call center and marketing and other environments
- Developing experience on designing, building and deploying robust and effective descriptive and predictive statistical and machine learning models
What we're looking for:
- Highly analytical problem solving skills and a curiosity to understand "how things work"
- Undergraduate or masters degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Operations Research, Physics or Mathematics
- Demonstration of leadership qualities in co-curricular activities
- Dimensional modeling experience (fact tables, conformed dimensions, etc.)
- ETL (Extract - Transform - Load) programming
- Experience with query development in SQL and SAS
- Experience in C/C++/C#, MATLAB, R, or Python
- Experience with various databases such as Microsoft SQL Server, Teradata, SAS, Oracle is an asset
- Experience with OLAP cube analysis and development in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Suite is an asset
- Experience in reporting and data visualization tools such as Microsoft Reporting Services, Microstrategy and Tableau is an asset
- Experience in large data sets, key machine learning techniques, and key statistical methods is an asset
- Knowledge of Order Management and Ticketing systems is an asset
- Knowledge of Field Dispatching and Scheduling systems is an asset
- Bilingual (English/French) is an asset in Ontario, and a requirement in Québec
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management Job Status: Grad Hire Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Verdun Application Deadline: 09/29/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Created: Canada , QC , Verdun