QC - 2021 Field Services Business Intelligence Graduate Leadership Program
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell’s Field Services team is proud to be the face of the Bell brand, performing the best installation and repair services and maintaining Bell’s network for our residential and business customers.
The Field Services Business Intelligence team resides within Field Services and is responsible for developing, maintaining and using data to drive insights on customer experience and field technician’s productivity. The team consists of business analysts for analyzing data, ETL developers for sourcing and maintaining data, programmers for building dashboards and data scientists for building machine learning models. Our team partners closely with other business intelligence teams within the company and supports our field frontline and support teams with impactful insights that help us continue to transform the business.
We are looking for a soon-to-be or recent university graduate with an aptitude to create business impacts using data-driven approach. As part of this team you will have the opportunity to implement the latest practices in analytics, data visualization and machine learning to enable Field Services team members to have faster and more insightful access to the drivers of their operations.
Big data is a big deal:
If you're the type of person that has a strong sense of curiosity and is energized by solving complex puzzles, then this role is the perfect opportunity to strengthen your analytical skills. With nearly limitless sources of data at our fingertips, the Field Services Operations Business Intelligence team collects and analyzes data on network and product performance, uses data such as GPS to optimize resource utilization across a workforce of nearly 10,000 people and delivers a performance management system that achieves best in class quality from our technicians. The teams findings help prioritize key technology investments and ensures major strategic decisions are always data driven. This is a terrific opportunity to build your project management skills and gain experience working with new, cutting-edge BI technologies.
How the program works:
This is a two-year graduate leadership program where you will have the opportunity to work on projects and improve your skills in data analytics, dashboard development, data engineering and machine learning. As part of the program you are matched with a Mentor and a grad buddy to provide mentorship and feedback. Upon completing 12 months in Business Intelligence, you will have the option to “go and see” a frontline area of Field Services for 4 to 6 months to gain leadership experience and knowledge of that area to apply in your BI role. Throughout the program, you will have the opportunity to partake in training to improve your skills and grow your network. Upon graduation from the program, you will continue working in the Field Services Business Intelligence team.
- Highly analytical problem solving skills and a curiosity to understand “how things work”
- Undergraduate or masters degree in Engineering, Business, Computer Science, Operations Research, Physics, Mathematics or related field
- Demonstration of leadership qualities in co-curricular activities
- Highly analytical with an understanding of the basic principles of working with large and complex data sets
- Ability to leverage insights and opportunities from data and metrics to build strategies and make recommendations
- Demonstrated initiative, leadership and a passion for learning new skills
- Strong work ethic and persistence in the face of challenges and opportunities
- Demonstrated curiosity and ability to learn quickly, with an ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Bilingual (English/French) is an asset in Ontario, and a requirement in Québec
- Experience with query development using SQL
- Experience in Python or other programming languages
- Experience with various databases systems such as Hadoop, Microsoft SQL Server, Teradata, SAS, Oracle
- Dimensional modeling experience (fact tables, conformed dimensions, etc.) is an asset
- Experience in reporting and data visualization tools such as Microstrategy, Tableau and Python Dash is an asset
- Experience in large data sets and machine learning techniques is an asset
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Grad Hire
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 09/30/2020
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.