Program Director, Terrace BC, Bell Media
Req Id: 359753
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
The search is on for a creative and inspiring leader to support programming and talent development for four radio stations in the market. This management position is ideal for a dynamic, innovative and passionate professional, who has exceptional communication skills. They must continually challenges themselves with a relentless pursuit to compete every day. If you have integrity, imagination, a positive attitude, an unabated thirst for pop culture, a passion for Country and Adult Contemporary music, and a relentless drive to succeed, this can be an incredible opportunity to make your mark and your career!
Terrace is located in the Northwest region of B.C. and is a vibrant and growing city which offers world class fishing and skiing along with hiking, biking, and so much more. Join our team in Terrace and you’ll have the opportunity to enjoy the mountains and rivers of the Northwest!
- Direct, overall responsibilities for the On-Air Talent, including coaching, mentoring, professional development and on-air presentation.
- Continually liaison between Promotions and Sales with respect to programming, contesting, advertising and executing revenue generating opportunities.
- Assuring there is always an atmosphere of creativity and open communication while maintaining defined and fundamentally appealing radio programming.
- Planning, attending and leading regular programming meetings.
- Lead and deliver exceptional internal and external customer service.
- Maintaining knowledge of current trends in research, music, CRTC regulations, broadcast license conditions, and company programming / social media policies.
- Independently anticipate the needs of Management and the Sales team
- Support the Regional PD and assist in any regional duties within BCI as needed.
- Fill-in announcing responsibilities for live and voice tracked shows.
- An outstanding programming toolbox including previous experience in Radio programming and as a Program Director.
- Knowledge of CRTC/CBSC regulations.
- Functional in Music Scheduling Systems (MusicMaster, Selector)
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Professional attitude and disposition with internal and external clients
- Superior judgement, and ability to multi-task a variety of functions while maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Announcing experience to fill in when called upon.
- Have a valid driver’s license for travel in the division.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : British Columbia : Terrace
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 05/06/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, BC, Terrace
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.