Production Content Researcher, Bell Media
Req Id: 369772
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Job Title: Production content researcher, Bell Media
Job Status: Regular- Full Time
Salary: commensurate with experience and qualifications
Location: 1755 Rene Levesque E, Montreal, QC.
Hours: 40 hours/week
- Research, organize and prepare files for the needs of the news programs they are assigned to
- Develop and maintain a solid network of contacts, including personalities, businesses, government officials, organizations, associations, experts, analysts, etc
- Secure the presence of guests for shows and carry out the necessary follow-up to ensure they are present in the studio at the required time
- Greet guests at the station and prepare them to appear on air with the producer of the show (microphone, set directions, etc.) and accompany them again after their on-air appearance
- Perform pre-interviews to ensure the strength and relevance of guests, prepare interview plans and research files for the host, obtain visual material as needed and ensure its quality for broadcast
- Follow-up with the administrative assistant when payment of a compensation is required
- Carry out any other related task
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, film, communications or equivalent
- Minimum of three years of experience in research, on TV or the radio
- Ability to identify the best guests and convince them to come on air; results oriented
- Strong writing ability for preparing research files and leads
- Broad knowledge of local, national and international news
- Ability to identify the best topics, and demonstrated creativity
- High tolerance for stress, and the ability to work under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated autonomy
- Knowledge of television studios, in news an asset
- Fluent French, good command of English
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Non Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/17/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.