Req Id : 287594
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell Residential and Small Business provides the most innovative, industry-leading Internet, TV and Smart Home products and services to Canadians.
The Product team within BRSB is at the forefront of new product innovation and enhancements to Bell's TV and Internet services. Our goal is to continue to have the best telecommunications services in Canada, from a customer perspective, and this team is critical in that mission for Bell.
Working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, the chosen candidate must have a deep understanding of, and be an advocate for, our customers across the country. Activities will include new product introductions, product and service enhancements, competitive benchmarking and analysis, product lifecycle management and business planning & analysis activities. The successful candidate will drive the product vision while ensuring a flawless customer experience; diligently delivering projects on time and on budget, to maintain our competitive advantage. She/he will be a key interface between Bell's various commercial, front-line, and back-office teams, while maintaining concise updates for the executive team. This role requires leadership, maturity, and solid business acumen and a deep-seated impulse to sweat the details of our products and projects - all to ensure amazing experiences for our customers.
Job Duties/ Accountabilities
The Product Manager will report to a Senior Product Manager within the Fibe TV Product Management team. Deliverables will include:
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams & industry leading partners (e.g. Google, Netflix, Apple, Gracenote and others) to build and launch new innovative products & features that customers will love.
- Drive a better TV experience across all of our platforms by employing personalization and recommendations, content merchandising discovery.
- Opportunity to continuously enhance and expand industry leading and top rated Fibe TV app and next generation TV services using Agile practices.
- Combining your creativity with sound data analysis to create the optimal CX.
- Pitching innovative solutions and recommendations in concise and compelling documents for presentation to senior executives.
- Executing flawlessly on projects, by building the right features for our customers and launching them quickly into the market.
- Aligning stakeholders across the company as new products are introduced and as existing products are updated.
- Keeping an eye on our traditional and emerging competitors, and updating the organization when market changes occur.
- Managing the product lifecycle across your product portfolio.
- Providing input into business cases to identify the business reasons for pursuing product initiatives.
Critical Qualifications/ Competencies
- A university degree, ideally in business or engineering.
- Prior experience in building solutions to meet customer needs.
- Previous experience in product development or product management, ideally in the fields of telecom or home entertainment.
- Excellent problem solving skills and track record of strong analytical capabilities.
- Ability to multi-task and quickly adjust to changing priorities, with good organizational and project management skills.
- Great attention to detail and execution skills, with an ability to take initiative and get the job done.
- Ability to learn and understand new technologies.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- An MBA is a strong asset.
- Prior UI/UX development experience.
- Experience with Scrum or other Agile development methodologies.
- Knowledge of overall business strategy and operations including business processes, revenue and cost components and drivers of these measures.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management Job Status: Regular Term - Full Time Job Location: Canada : New Brunswick : Saint John || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Ontario : Don Mills || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Quebec City Application Deadline: 05/14/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com .
Created: Canada , ON , Don Mills
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.