Product Manager, IoT
Req Id: 245887
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Mobility team offers the best and latest mobile devices, wireless services and Internet of Things solutions to consumer and business customers, with the top speeds, coverage and reliability on Canada's Best National Network. We love to innovate, embrace big challenges, and live for the newest technology
With our wireline and wireless network technology, Bell has long been a leader in connecting Canadian homes, individuals, businesses and cities. This commitment to leadership and innovation continues with IoT - the next evolution of network connectivity. Bell offers Canada's best national network, the best selection of global IoT management platforms, the most advanced hardware, support services and more.
Canadian cities and municipalities are embracing smart technology across all aspects of their city to drive efficiency, reduce costs, and engage citizens. Bell is committed to being the leading end-to-end solution provider for a city to embark on their journey of digital transformation. We love to innovate, embrace big challenges, and solve our customers' most pervasive problems by leading diverse project teams that harness the power of the newest technologies.
If you thrive working in a fast-paced culture, excel in leading teams from ambiguity to clear project execution, are a driven self-starter and are seeking a challenging and innovative environment, the Smart Cities and IoT team will give you the opportunity you seek in this emerging space.
This is a challenging position for a customer-focused product manager with a proven track record of successfully building and delivering new products in the consumer and enterprise telecom industry. You will guide Smart City solutions and product positioning through the product development life cycle and executive governance process. You will collaborate with other high-performing professionals who are passionate about contributing to Bell's goal of being recognized as Canada's leading telecommunications company.
As part of the products and services team, you will work with various Bell business units to manage Bell's Smart City platform and IoT solution strategy. Bell's IoT solutions and services enable dramatic changes in the way cities operate and communicate. You will contribute to evaluations and recommendations for platforms and solutions that will improve city operations, access to information and overall ROI, while differentiating Bell from competitors. Performing this role requires championing product management strategy, buy/build/partner decisions, roadmaps and tactics to drive priority and alignment across the company.
The velocity of change in the telecommunications industry will require you to analyze the broader landscape and integrate large amounts information from diverse sources. You will need to have advanced analytical skills to analyze and synthesize this information into compelling product value propositions. You will also need to prepare business case justification for new product investments. You will drive the full product lifecycle including identifying launch strategies and post-launch reporting and analytics with the customer experience being paramount for all activities.
- Expert understanding of the telecommunications, high-tech, and system's integration industry
- Knowledge of IoT solutions, platforms and device markets
- Contribute to and manage the Smart Cities product strategy and roadmap
- Create product requirements documents and business cases for new products; support through all stages of ideation, funding, design, execution
- Analyze vast amounts of information to understand complex customer problems; seek out various solutions that optimally bring value to cities and their citizens
- Leverage data modeling and forecasting to drive data driven decision-making
- Deliver on the product strategy and manage development and product releases in coordination with the various stakeholders across Bell's business units (i.e. engineering, billing, IT, customer care, sales and marketing)
- Work closely with external vendors and internal teams to deploy and support our products
- Assess market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors'; determine product strategy by utilizing market research data & competitive intelligence.
- Bring new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; prepare return-on-investment analyses; establish time schedules
- Develop, launch and manage the product lifecycle of IoT solutions and services for Smart Cities and other IoT solutions
- Track and analyze performance including monthly and quarterly metric reports to monitor product lifecycle. Develop models and scenarios to forecast business case scenarios and identify analytical insights that drive revenue
- Develop launch, integration and billing strategies for the Smart City solution
- Create product requirements documents and business cases for new products; support through all stages of ideation, funding, design and execution
- Engage and influence cross-functional product teams to deliver complex customer-focused services with the desired deployment schedules
- Manage resolution of project and development issues
Experience / core competencies
- Minimum 3-5 years of practical experience in product management and development. Experience in high-tech industries preferred
- Solid understanding of the telecommunications industry
- Seasoned ability to clearly and effectively communicate across departments and levels of the organization
- Strong ability to build relationships to influence and gain the support of internal team members, suppliers and partners
- Persuasive presentation skills with the ability to evangelize and secure executive support for new product value propositions
- Expert knowledge of traditional and nascent wireline, wireless networks, IoT platforms and solutions
- Experience working with enterprise class solutions and understanding of Platform and Solutions-as-a-service models and sales processes
- Experience with strategy development on new products and services including building new architecture, business models and support models
- Strong command of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and CRM software
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical modelling and creative skills
- Technically inclined with an interest and ability to understand how to leverage technology to solve real-customer problems
- Ability to operate in a fast paced and dynamic environment that responds to our customers' priorities
- Motivated and a self-starter who is comfortable leading cross-functionally within a matrixed organization comprised of a diverse and talented national team
- Strong ability to influence and negotiate with suppliers and partners
- Experience delivering solutions and/or recommendations to leadership team
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management Job Status: Regular - Full Time Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga Application Deadline: 10/28/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Created: Canada , ON , Mississauga