Product Manager, Consumer IoT
Product Manager, Consumer IoT
Req Id: 277894
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Mobility team offers the best and latest mobile devices, wireless services and Internet of Things solutions to consumer and business customers, with the top speeds, coverage and reliability on Canada's Best National Network. We love to innovate, embrace big challenges, and live for the newest technology
The Role: This is a challenging opportunity for a customer-focused product leader to successfully deliver on new product introductions in the telecommunications industry, The Mobility Product & Services team is focused on the development and management of leading mobile solutions that serve the needs of our customers. Our Product Managers are responsible for championing growth opportunities that will drive Bell Mobility to maintain a leadership position in consumer IoT services in Canada.
Reporting directly to the Senior Product Manager, Consumer IoT, the Product Manager is an integral component in driving Bell Mobility's growth by working closely with all product, technology and marketing teams to manage the services and partners that help Bell achieve overall wireless data objectives. You will be responsible for defining, managing and launching next generation connected consumer IoT products, services and enablement platforms to build and grow the business in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
Performing this role involves experience in spearheading product development and management activities including leading the development of product requirements, concept design and testing of new services, preparing business case justification for new product investments, managing cross-functional stakeholders, identifying launch strategies, post-launch support and reporting and analytics; all with the customer experience being paramount for all activities. As a successful product manager, you will need to effectively build relationships and lead cross-functional teams, working with multiple business units to drive new consumer IoT initiatives.
- Develop and manage the product strategy and roadmap, taking into account market conditions, evolving customer needs and competitive offerings to deliver superior products and services to market
- Establish and ensure the portfolio achieves defined business objectives including revenue, profitability, subscriber, penetration and usage targets.
- Lifecycle management of leading services including the enhancement of existing services, reduction of support drivers and management of service and infrastructure evolution
- Manage and analyze competitive and customer impacts to services and business within the portfolio; develop new product concepts, business case development and execution to grow lines of business
- Collaborate with and lead cross-functional teams from various technical, business and marketing disciplines to define, develop, manage and execute on key projects, new service launches and marketing initiatives
- Work with marketing teams to promote services, including launch new products, create marketing materials, develop in store strategy, sales support, etc.
- Develop and maintain relationships with best-in-class partners to support product needs, resolve issues and capitalize on growth opportunities to deliver customer-focused services with execution excellence
Experience / Core Competencies:
- A University degree in business or technical discipline (such as Engineering)
- 3-5 years of related experience in product management and development in wireless/telecommunications or technology industries, with solid business acumen and a good understanding of existing and emerging wireless technologies including networks, applications and mobile devices
- Experience in effectively influencing and managing teams across multi-disciplinary functions, suppliers and other stakeholders to deliver on objectives with a strong customer focus
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to communicate and present effectively to various audiences
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to solve problems and generate insights and actions, including identifying trends, patterns and opportunities
- Ability to adapt and remain focused on priorities in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, considering under frequently changing market, business and technology conditions while balancing and delivering on multiple priorities concurrently
- Demonstrated strategy development skills, with the ability to think outside the box and develop and enhance the product strategy in an emerging market
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Motivated and self-disciplined, with strong time management skills
- Knowledge of consumer IoT services is an asset
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management Job Status: Regular - Full Time Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga Application Deadline: 03/12/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com .
Created: Canada , ON , Mississauga
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.