Producer, CFRA Radio Ottawa, Bell Media
Req Id: 246581
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We're looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position: Producer, CFRA Radio Ottawa, Bell Media
Location: 87 George Street, Ottawa, ON
Hours of Work: Full-time. 37.5 hours per week
The Show Producer needs to be well informed and understand what the audience needs and wants to know. The producer must know Local, National & World News, Breaking News. Every element of the show must pass the "who cares test". The goal is to provide the very best in topic development. The Producer must work with the host on background bullet points, different angles to the story, potential guests, audio clips, related web content & teasing points. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating news audio, setting up live interviews & guests, and supporting the talk shows. The position may be used on-air to banter with the host and also serve as a back up show host when required.
- Pitch segment ideas provide material for web site and social media
- Provide the show host with all show prep material required
- Prepare and update news stories, including audio for use during later shifts
- The selected candidate must be able to quickly switch priorities, multi-task, and get along with others
- Produce other programming and imaging material
- Daily updates of station web pages include a newsroom, Twitter and Facebook
- Other duties as required
- At least 3-years on-air broadcast news experience
- Previous producing or reporting experience
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit news copy
- Strong interviewing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under deadline pressure
- Strong knowledge of social media
- Experience using Burli system
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Non-Management Job Status: Regular - Full-Time Job Location: Canada: Ontario: Ottawa Application Deadline: 11/03/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com .
Created: Canada, ON, Ottawa