Outside Network Technician, Cablevision
Outside Network Technician, Cablevision
Req Id: 273776
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they're the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you're excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
Reporting to the Director of Network Engineering, the network technician is responsible for maintaining Cablevision's Internet and TV network by performing repairs on external cables. It must also maintain the power supply to the network. Performs his / her work according to the company's culture while respecting the health and safety standards of the organization.
- Responsible for the reliability and integrity of the optical fiber and coax network, ensuring the maintenance, repair and calibration of the various equipment deployed there; - 35%
- Detect and repair radiation leaks; - 10%
- Analyze and repair the problems associated with cable services for customers (fault report); - 5%
- Assembly, installation and calibration of various equipments associated with the deployment of new networks and / or the start-up of new areas; - 5%
- Comply with company safety standards
- Respect the company's installation standards
- Produce reports on work, activities, hours and equipment used; - 5%
- Perform other related duties as requested by the supervisor; - 5%
- Professional study diploma (DEP) or College degree - in electronics or equivalent experience
- Driving Licence Class III or V
- Revelant experience with spectral analyzers
- Relevant experience in cable television or telecommunication protocol
- Knowledge of DOCSIS technology
- Mastering and repair AC / DC electrical circuits
- Master the DWDM protocol
Skills / behaviors:
- Be responsible for his vehicle (routine and periodic check),his tools and the verification equipment made available to him
- Spirit of analysis and research in a technical environment
- Representing the company adequately with clients
- Be open to learning new ways of working
- Be autonomous and have a good sense of planning
- Be available to respond to emergency calls during the evenings and weekends
- Be available to work throughout Cablevision
- Mastering bidirectional technology of a fiber optic network
- Have a very good knowledge of domestic electronic products
- Work schedule: Monday to Friday: 8H00AM - 5H00PM: Availability to work evenings and weekends when required
- Job status: Regular -Full Time (40 hours / week)
- Job location: 420 Rideau Blvd., Rouyn-Noranda, Qc.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Non Management Job Status: Regular - Full Time Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Rouyn-Noranda Application Deadline: 01/27/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com .
Created: Canada , QC , Rouyn-Noranda
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.