Operations Supervisor, Bell Media
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We're looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Location: CTV Winnipeg
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Varying shifts, including weekends. Overtime as required
Reporting to the News Director, the Operations Supervisor will:
- Oversee Company fleet including maintenance, replacement, documentation, along with driver licensing, driving infractions, collisions and or MPI claims
- Supervise the distribution and maintenance requests for all ENG equipment
- Coordinate the allocation and maintenance of all studio and control room resources and equipment
- Oversee the site checks and equipment needs for all major live events
- Create and distribute shift schedules for News Operations
- Under the direction of the Managing Editor, assign late night duties
- Create training schedules and track & evaluate training progress of staff
- Schedule special projects, vacation, and illness coverage
- Ensure staff timesheets are submitted correctly and signed
- Coordinate onboarding and tracking of Company assets
- Oversee staff, facilities, and resources for internal and external network and client requests
- Work with Feed and Play and Engineering to facilitate all internal and external feed requirements
- Learn and become proficient with new systems as they become available
- Other duties as assigned
- At least five years' experience in broadcast television operations in a supervisory role with proven experience evaluating performance and assigning work
- Post-secondary education in broadcasting an asset
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, strong leadership skills, and the ability to motivate and encourage others
- Demonstrated knowledge of news and production operations
- An understanding of both the artistic and technical aspects of studio production
- Proficiency in a variety of computer programs, including iNews, Microsoft Word, Excel, Media Pulse and Outlook
- Strong organization skills, with the ability to remain flexible in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Non Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Manitoba : Winnipeg
Application Deadline: 03/27/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada , MB , Winnipeg