Operations Floater, Bell Media
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We're looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position: Operations Floater, Bell Media, BNN/ CP24
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Location: 299 Queen Street West, Toronto, ON
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Shift work, weekend work, overtime as required.
- Duties include, but not limited to, the competent performance of the following crew functions:
- Technical direction/Switching, utilizing Ross switchers
- Audio Operation, routing and distribution of multiple streams; broadcast mixing utilizing multiple local and remote sources
- Camera Operation (including EFP, studio, jib and robotics systems)
- Remote coordination, connecting guests in remote sites
- Media Playback (server-based systems)
- Graphics system playback, primarily Ross Xpression
- Assistant director functions, including program timing, cueing on air persons
- Floor duties, including mic placement, camera positioning, lighting
- Post-secondary education in media production, specifically knowledge of television technical theory
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in an operations role with an emphasis on switching and audio; experience in a face-paced live news environment is ideal
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A demonstrated ability to succeed in a crew environment
- Good leadership skills and be comfortable to act in a supervisory capacity when required
- Experience with newsroom software and automated broadcast systems desirable
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Application Deadline: 03/14/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell, please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com
Created: Canada , ON , Toronto