Operational Floater, VDOC Operator, Summer Student, Bell ExpressVu
Req Id: 369154
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
Name and description of the hiring department:
The new Bell TV NOC (VDOC – Video Distribution Operations Center) will play a pivotal role in service assurance and be responsible for the availability of our multifaceted distribution offerings that help our customers consume what they want, when they want it, on the screen of their choice. Further supporting our Network 3.0 values we will continue to innovate, empower and keep our customers first.
Supporting the headend distribution systems 24/7 the VDOC Operators will become the communications hub for both internal and external teams. Constantly dealing with situations that may put our products at risk, while ensuring prompt actions taken when issues arise to minimize customer impact.
Because of the relationships that must be established with several internal groups as well as collaborators outside the organization, this position provides the incumbent with an opportunity for enhanced knowledge of the distribution network while expanding technical competencies.
Duties and accountabilities:
- Lifecycle management for all incidents, chronic systemic issue investigation and escalations at BellTV (track, record and proactively solve all incidents; Centralized FLASH issuance & management)
- Research and leverage trends, analytics and data to proactively investigate incidents and systemic issues with a view to continuously improve operations and efficiencies
- The next level of troubleshooting technical support
- Act as the liaison between all stakeholders and BellTV
- Lead communications of upcoming change activity and ensure proper notification is distributed ahead of change
- Integral contributors to project requirements and operational delivery and process support documentation
Required competencies and skills:
- Experience and/or knowledge of a broadcast environment
- Knowledge of HD, 4K, IP technologies
- Knowledge and proficiency of broadcast streaming video formats
- Knowledge and proficiency of OTT applications
- Knowledge of backhaul infrastructure network
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision; possess strong organizational skills while supporting the success of a team
- Acts well in high pressure situations
- Interaction with various dashboards on an ongoing basis while remaining focused
- Solid PC based computer skills
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and associated tools (Trello, Kanban, Jira)
- Overall enthusiastic attitude that supports and allows constant development of skills and practices
- The ideal candidate for the position will have experience in broadcast distribution. Intermediate knowledge of signal flow and an understanding of IP technologies.
- The Video Distribution Operations Center operates 24/7. You will therefore be required to work off-normal shifts on a rotating basis. The VDOC interfaces directly with several surveillance teams involved with various technologies. You will be required to work closely with network support technicians.
Job location address: 115 Scarsdale Rd, Toronto (Ontario)
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Summer Student
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 06/24/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.