On-Air Coordinator, Bell Media, Freelance
Req Id: 371256
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Job Title: On-Air Coordinator, Bell Media, Freelance
Location: Montréal, QC
Job Status: Contractor - Freelance
The On-Air Coordinator is responsible for the integration of live production of shows and events and the resulting programming adjustments taking into account the sector's objectives, the mission and the values of the Bell Media (Réseau des sports).
This person must work according to the standards recognized and established at Bell Media (RDS), the objectives of the sector, the mission and the values of Bell Media (RDS).
Nature and extent
The On-Air Coordinator leads the integration of programming elements when presenting live events, advising production teams of on-air requirements. This person will coordinate the airing of live shows, events, commercials and “news” segments as well as the re-broadcasting of the shows.
They work closely with the Senior Head of Programming to develop an on-air schedule for live events as well as schedule changes and are responsible for the inventory of "filler" shows and ensures their production. They must, therefore: plan the use of on-air equipment and research visual elements for the production of such programs, and plan the production of "fillers".
- Check the presentation log: adherence to and verification of permitted commercial content (signage, conflicts, etc.)
- Ensure the technical quality of the transmission signal from the event site
- Prepare the broadcast schedule for news segments and oversee integration during live event presentations
- Communicate with the production teams in order to advise producers of programming adjustments, and to direct them regarding show completion times and commercial break structure
- Coordinate live event sequencing
- Inform viewers of last-minute schedule changes and technical difficulties
- Produce a cue sheet for each live event and for repeat programming
- Adjust the show schedule as required: use filler shows, plan alternative programming, modify the presentation log
- Adjust the repeated programming cue sheet by modifying the commercial break structure or by removing part of the show
Knowledge, skills, and qualifications
- Working knowledge of television production
- Good knowledge of sports
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication and timing skills
- Ability to maintain healthy collaborative ties between the various stakeholders
Bilingualism is required (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Contractor
Job Status: Contractor
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 05/30/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.