ON - Finance Intern Program
Req Id: 239389
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Finance Team manages the performance and risk profile of Bell, ensuring the needs of customers, investors and employees are balanced with long-term business success. We work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop and execute plans that help the company achieve its strategic objectives and ensure financial sustainability.
How the program works:
The Finance Summer program is designed to give interns a breadth of experience in the various divisions of Finance such as Internal Audit, Finance Operations, Process Improvement and Controls and Finance Advanced Analytics
Why join us?
- Apply your technical and academic knowledge to real life business issues
- Develop and apply your analytical, problem-solving and leadership skills to understand and evaluate key business trends and drivers
- Learn about the diverse roles within the Bell Finance organization and the telecommunications industry
- Continue to grow on a personal and professional level through one on one coaching and mentorship sessions from members of the Finance team
- Job positions will be available in Internal Audit, Finance Operations, Process Improvement and Controls
- 1st - 3rd year undergrad university student enrolled in B.Comm / BBA, with focus on Accounting or Finance stream and planning to pursue CPA designation
- A good balance of high academic achievement and extra-curricular involvement
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
- Ability to learn new Finance systems quickly (i.e. SAP, BI, BPC tool)
- Comfortable with big data analytics and deep dive analysis to ask the right questions, identify business trends and critically assess the business to achieve greater results
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and balance multiple deliverables
- Highly developed analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with ability to articulate the business story
- Enthusiasm in managing changes, taking risks, thinking outside of the box and showing leadership in how you approach your everyday work
- Excellent with building relationships and collaborating
- Self-starter who works well independently as well as in a team environment
- A can-do attitude with a passion for telecommunications
- You must submit a cover letter, resume, and most recent transcripts (unofficial accepted) to be considered
- Job Location: GTA (Mississauga, Downtown Toronto, North York and Scarborough)
- Duration: May - August 2020
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Non Management Job Status: Intern Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga Application Deadline: 09/29/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com .
Created: Canada , ON , Mississauga