ON - Field Services Business Intelligence Intern Program
Req Id: 239581
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell's Field Services team is proud to be the face of the Bell brand, performing the best installation and repair services and maintaining Bell's network for our residential and business customers.
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 139 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company's vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada's leading communications company, we're committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you're passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Using innovative operational theory, tools and techniques, the Field Services team ensures that the right technician with the right skill set arrives at our residential and business customer's premises on time, every time. We are committed to ensure that Bell's network, products and services are of the highest standard. The Field Services team thrives on providing installation and repair services for business and residential customers using the latest technology, including Fibre, Optical Ethernet, and IPVPN.
Are you looking for a fun and amazing career opportunity next summer? One that provides you with advanced eligibility to join our best-in-class Field Services Graduate Leadership Program upon graduation?
We are looking for talented and enthusiastic individuals to join our Field Services team next summer. As a Business Intelligence consultant, you will focus on connecting data from the entire customer experience value chain to uncover new insights on how we can improve our products and processes for an even better customer experience. If you are passionate about operational excellence and providing a great customer experience, then the Field Services Operations BI team is the place for you.
Big data is a big deal:
If you're the type of person that has a strong sense of curiosity and is energized by solving complex puzzles, then this role is the perfect opportunity to strengthen your analytical skills. With nearly limitless sources of data at our fingertips, the Field Services Operations Business Intelligence team collects and analyzes data on network and product performance, uses data such as GPS to optimize resource utilization across a workforce of nearly 10,000 people and delivers a performance management system that achieves best in class quality from our technicians. The teams findings help prioritize key technology investments and ensures major strategic decisions are always data driven. This is a terrific opportunity to build your project management skills and gain experience working with new, cutting-edge BI technologies.
How the program works:
This is a three month structured program where you will be working in teams to tackle your assigned consulting project. All projects are designed to maximize your learnings across various facets of Field Operations, and to provide you with opportunity to network and connect not only with grad peers, but also with the Bell Executive Leadership team. About 50% of your time will be allocated to learning about Bell's services and our customers, networking and volunteering, and the remaining 50% will be focused on team based consulting project work.
Why join the program:
- Benefit from extensive training and ongoing support from Bell leaders and Executives
- Interact with an amazing peer-to-peer grad and alumni support network
- Unique opportunity to present your project to the Bell Executive Leadership team
- Advanced opportunity to join our best-in-class Graduate Leadership Program upon graduation
- Opportunity to develop your analytical, problem-solving and leadership skills with real, customer-facing challenges
What our Interns are saying:
- What I enjoyed most about my 3 months at Bell was the variety of experiences offered in a short span of time. From gaining firsthand knowledge about front line work to helping solve a real-life business problem, I was able to interact with and learn from people in numerous roles and departments.
- The best part of the summer was the autonomy offered to interns which allowed us to put academic and on-the-job knowledge to work on our project - it was challenging but very rewarding.
What we're looking for:
- Successful third-year students working towards a Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, Business, Math/Statistics or Economics
- Highly analytical with an understanding of the basic principles of working with large and complex data sets
- Knowledge of, and preferably experience with, query languages such as MATLAB, SAS, or SQL, and/or software development, and/or developing visualization tools
- Ability to leverage insights and opportunities from data and metrics to build strategies and make recommendations
- Demonstrated initiative, leadership and a passion for learning new skills
- Strong work ethic and persistence in the face of challenges and opportunities
- Demonstrated curiosity and ability to learn quickly, with an ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Bilingual (English/French) is an asset
- Internship term: May to August 2020
- Competitive compensation
- Job Location: Toronto
- Successful participation in this program will provide you with advanced eligibility to join our best in class Graduate Leadership Program resulting in a permanent position with Bell upon your graduation
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management Job Status: Intern Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto Application Deadline: 09/29/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Created: Canada , ON , Toronto