ON - Customer Operations Business Intelligence Program
Req Id: 239303
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell's forward-thinking Customer Operations team is creating the ultimate service experience for our residential, wireless and small business consumers. We lead strategic development and execution of day-to-day operations, develop tools and processes to drive service enhancements, manage customer loyalty and retention, and leverage big data and artificial intelligence to create intellectual property.
Big data is a big deal.
If you are passionate about transforming data into business value, this fast-growing, innovative field is where you want to be.
Bell's Business Intelligence (BI) Graduate Leadership Program has something to offer for everyone interested in understanding how data and insights can influence how Bell runs its business.
- We have highly specialized roles where analysts work directly with the latest tools and technologies transforming massive data sets into business value.
- We also have customer experience roles that work side by side with our marketing partners to leverage the latest analytic and data science tools to design and create marketing and campaign programs.
- Do you like to see the big picture? Join our BI strategy and planning roles that are defining our future roadmap and capabiliphaties.
- Looking to broaden your skills and experience? Participate in an optional second rotation within BI or another area of the business.
Our mandate is to provide actionable insights and automate business decisions through analytics, driving strategic and operational improvements across the enterprise.
Some of the exciting projects we tackle include marketing optimization, customer and retail analytics, next-best-action, fraud detection, AI and Machine Learning and customer experience marketing. Our team is constantly iterating, learning and creating solutions that directly enhance Bell's products and services.
This is a terrific opportunity for recent graduates or graduating students to help transform the organization in driving one of the most significant strategic mandates within Bell. As part of this team, you will have opportunities to work with new technologies, build project management skills and discover meaningful insights that will ultimately impact millions of customers.
- Deliver key projects and data strategies by providing analytics, reporting and insights that result in better customer experience and marketing strategy
- Leverage sophisticated analytical techniques including predictive modeling, text mining, forecasting, neural networks, segmentation and other data mining methods
- Explore large, new sources of data; communicate and present insight opportunities to business teams across the organization to influence decision making
- Translate business requirements into design, implementation and documentation of efficient BI processes
- Implement and measure targeted marketing campaigns by leveraging predictive models and customer insights
- Take part in defining and improving the overall architecture to create effective enterprise-level data solutions
- Expand your knowledge of BI and new technologies through training opportunities
- You are in the final year of study or are a recent graduate with a Bachelors or Masters degree in:
- Mathematics / Statistics
- Cmputer Science / Engineering
- Management Science / Operatins Research / Economics
- Marketing / Cmmerce
- Business Analytics / Business Intelligence
- Or a related area
- You are highly analytical, curious and can see beyond the numbers to determine the business impact driven by insights and metrics
- You understand the basic principles of working with large and complex datasets
- You can work with a team as well as with business partners, to inform, influence, support and execute on decisions and strategies
- You have the ability to communicate quantitative results to a variety of audiences
- You are able to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset in Ontario and a requirement in Quebec
- Data engineering focus:
- Experience with prgramming languages such as Java, Scala, Python, C++
- Expsure to development tools such as version control systems and IDEs
- Prficiency working in Linux/Unix environment (eg. command line tools, shell scripting)
- Knwledge of distributed computing frameworks and tools (eg. Hadoop, Spark, HDFS, MapReduce, Hive)
- Development and production focus:
- Experience with the design, develpment and maintenance of ETL processes, data marts, operational data stores and online analytical processing (OLAP)
- Expsure to data warehouse technologies such as SQL Server, Teradata, SAS or others
- Knwledge of data modeling and architecture (Normalized and multidimensional)
- Data analytics / reporting focus:
- Cnsulting with business stakeholders to create actionable insights & drive business value
- Design practical user interfaces and layuts to convey data in a meaningful and actionable way for end users
- Experience in transfrming data into insight using SQL, SAS, R, Hive or Python
- Prficiency in efficiently extracting insights from data warehouse systems
- Expsure to data visualization tools such as Tableau and MicroStrategy
- Knwledge of statistical modelling and machine learning
- Explre new sources of information to expand insight opportunities
- Machine learning specialist:
- Knwledge of ML Algorithms including supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning modules, and text analytics
- Experience with ML framewrks such as Spark ML, TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, H2O, etc.
- Highly driven t learn about the newest machine learning techniques and to apply them to solve business problems
- Expsure to big data tools and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark
- Experience with relatinal data warehouse and fluent in SQL
- Expsure to development tools such as version control systems and IDEs
- Marketing analytics and campaign design:
- Strng business acumen to connect the dots between business and data
- Experience interpreting custmer data to identify new opportunities on how to best target and appeal to customers
- Intrductory experience and desire to learn SQL based software
- Experience in telecmmunications is a plus
What our new grad leaders have to say:
"We work in a fast-paced environment, which allows us to learn about many unique parts of the business in short periods of time. I have the ability and freedom to continually leverage my ideas and research to help solve business problems."
"To me, the best thing about working for Bell is the amazing people. I am surrounded by a very supportive team and, on a daily basis, I collaborate with highly talented individuals throughout the company to solve complex business problems."
- June 2020
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management Job Status: Grad Hire Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Don Mills Application Deadline: 09/29/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com .
Created: Canada , ON , Mississauga