News Writer Producer, Bell Media
Req Id: 246782
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We're looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position: News Writer Producer, Regular Part-Time, Bell Media
Location: CTV Winnipeg, Manitoba
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Hours of Work: 25 hours per week, additional hours and overtime as required
- Write news scripts, intros and all show elements
- Co-ordinate resources for live breaking news
- Co-ordinate script, chyron and video feeds from the field
- Contributing and posting scripts video and pictures to the station's online content
- Participate in posting to social media during the live broadcast
- Back-up show producer
- Vetting reporter; writer; and web scripts
- Preparing and supervising graphic elements
- Produce show segments
- Other related duties as assigned
- 2 years' experience as a newsroom reporter, writer, or show producer
- Degree or diploma from an accredited post-secondary broadcast program
- Proven editorial news judgement with high journalistic standards
- Solid understanding of broadcast law
- In-depth knowledge of and interest in news and current affairs
- Proven ability to lead a team and motivate staff
- Strong communication skills
- Critical attention to detail along with strong organizational skills
- Creative writing skills
- Ability to make quick decisions and thrive in a deadline-driven, team environment
- Live control room experience an asset
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union Job Status: Regular - Part-Time Job Location: Canada: Manitoba: Winnipeg Application Deadline: 11/13/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com .
Created: Canada, MB, Winnipeg