News Producer, CTV Morning Live, Bell Media
Req Id: 373594
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Posting Date: May 25, 2022
Closing Date: June 10, 2022
Position: News Producer, CTV Morning Live, Bell Media
Location: 345 Graham Avenue, Winnipeg, CTV Winnipeg
Salary: Unifor 816 – Group XV. Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Overtime as required. Typical schedule would be early mornings
- Overseeing the look and production of CTV Morning Live Winnipeg
- Producing editorial line-up
- Taking Morning Live and live events to air
- Initiating ideas for features; live coverage; and booking on-set interviews
- Writing news scripts, intros and all show elements as needed
- Preparing and supervising graphic elements
- Supervising and vetting reporter; writer; digital, and ticker scripts
- Participate in posting to social media during live broadcast
- Working with News Director, Assignment Editor and on-air talent in preparation for all news programs, live special events, remotes, elections, etc.
- Working with promotions on contesting and feature content
- Working with Sales in booking sold features
- Contribute to the station’s ongoing diversity initiatives, and actively reflect the diversity of the Winnipeg community in daily news coverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience as a newsroom show producer
- Degree or diploma from an accredited post-secondary broadcast program or related television news experience
- Proven editorial news judgment with high journalistic standards
- Solid understanding of broadcast law
- Ability to lead a team and motivate staff
- Superior communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Creative writing skills
- Ability to make quick decisions and thrive in a deadline-driven, team environment
- Live control room experience
- In depth knowledge of and interest in news and current affairs
- Knowledge of iNews, Gateway an asset
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Manitoba : Winnipeg
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 06/10/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.