Network Technician, Bell Aliant
Req Id: 369011
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell’s Field Services team is proud to be the face of the Bell brand, performing the best installation and repair services and maintaining Bell’s network for our residential and business customers.
Employees engaged in the testing, commissioning, operation, maintenance, repair, and surveillance of network related equipment, cellular and radio sites, and a variety of related equipment including hardware, software, equipment on customer premises and other associated equipment.
Standard Entry Level Qualifications
An applicant will be considered to have met the Standard Entry Level Qualifications if they meet the requirements of A or B or C as listed below:
A - Education:
Successful completion of either an electrical/electronic engineering or computer technology program at a recognized technical training institute or a university science degree in engineering, computers or other relevant field
B - Direct Experience:
Currently holds the classification of Network Technician or has worked for twelve (12) continuous months in the classification of Business Service Technician, IP Services Technician, Network Equipment Technician or Network Technician.
C - Related Training & Experience:
Successful completion of the former Bell Aliant NT Qualification Program (no longer offered effective April 1, 2018)
Currently holds a recognized IT industry network Qualification such as Cisco (CCENT or higher), CompTIA Network+ Qualification, or equivalent.
Ability Requirements of the Position
- Climb poles on a daily basis (using ladders, spurs and other tools) Good colour vision
- Lift heavy equipment
- Sitting for long periods of time, wearing a headset, working with a computer and using a 10-button telephone set, simultaneously.
- Travel over rough terrain Work effectively aloft
- Analytical skills
- Communications skills: verbal and written
- Computer skills - Email: Outlook and MSN, Intranet/Internet, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word Interpersonal skills
- Keyboarding skills
- Multi-task skills (i.e. think/listen/type and think/talk/type)
- Planning and organizing skills
- Problem solving skills
- Project management skills
- Time management skills
- Flying in helicopters and fixed wing aircraft to remote locations and oil rigs may be required Travel using various modes of transportation in all kinds of weather
- Valid Driver's License
- Applicant must have a satisfactory performance record (an Achieves or Exceeds rating) on the most recent annual PPA
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Regular - Part time
Job Location: Canada : New Brunswick : Buctouche
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 05/20/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, NB, Buctouche
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.