National Music Assistant, On-Air Host, Virgin Radio, Bell Media
Req Id: 370173
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Posting Date: April 27, 2022
Closing Date: May 11, 2022
Position: National Music Assistant, On-Air Host, Virgin Radio, Bell Media
Location: Bell Media Radio, Toronto, Ontario
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
If you love music and pop culture, if you live on social media, are adventurous and always trying new things – and want to do all that in Toronto - this might be the perfect job for you! We’re looking for a full-time National Music Assistant and On-Air Host for Virgin Radio Toronto.
- Scheduling/Editing/Exporting daily logs using Music Master and WideOrbit software for multiple music formats
- Prepare and execute a tight & focused weekend show on 99.9 Virgin Radio
- Backfill other 99.9 Virgin Radio dayparts as needed
- Voice commercials and promos
- Attend functions, participate in station promotions, make live appearances, and participate in client integrations, as required.
- Create and share original audio content on a daily basis (eg. show clips, interviews, podcasts)
- Create original content on social media to help grow and engage the station’s social following
- Voice track other shows (in-market and out-of-market) when necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Music Director or Assistant Music Director experience
- An expert with Music Master and WideOrbit
- Education in broadcasting and/or a minimum of 3-5 years on-air experience
- Must be able to relate to, connect with and engage an A18-34 audience
- Be visible; Toronto is opening up and there’s lots to do! We need someone who is in touch with the city, willing to meet every listener they can, and able to host on-site promotions
- Be socially-savvy and connect with listeners on all platforms; strong skills generating original content both on-air and across all digital platforms
- Strong understanding of, and passion for the CHR format and lifestyle; well-versed in all areas of pop culture
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- You must be a team player who is positive and friendly both on the air and in the workplace. Must demonstrate ability to organize materials, meet deadlines, and work accurately
- Valid G Class Driver’s license and a good driving record
Application Details: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply with a current resume and audio demo
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Media - Talent
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 05/11/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.