Multiplatform Journalist, Bell Media
Req Id: 373213
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Noovo Info is looking for a Bilingual, Multiplatform Journalist to join our team of Producers, Editors and Technicians. Since his launching, Le Fil has offered a modern, original and distinctive format. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team of Hosts, Journalists and Contributors with a common goal: to serve the public interest by reporting the news from different angles.
The successful candidate will have excellent news judgment and meet the highest standards.
Position: Multiplatform Journalist
Location: Montreal, QC
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Job status: Regular – Full time
Hours of work: 40 hrs/week. Daytime schedule. Availability to work overtime when required
- Cover events for TV and digital, conduct interviews, write texts
- Shoot his or her own images; set up / edit / light and produce news reports for both TV and digital
- Propose and develop original subjects to cover; able to stay removed from the news
- Maintain a network of contacts
- Configure and use live equipment as needed
- Follow editorial standards and guidelines regarding accuracy, ethics and legal issues
- Ensure equipment and mobile are in good working order
- Other assigned tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, film, communications or equivalent
- Minimum of five years of experience in TV / Web
- Proven experience in news reporting and ability to perform in front of the camera
- Have a good knowledge of digital formats – particularly video – be familiar with narrative styles such as gonzo journalism and new journalism
- Strong writing and storytelling skills, and knowledge of local, national and international news and current events
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Good understanding of social networks and the audience
- Proven filming and editing abilities
- Proven organizational skills, and ability to work autonomously under tight deadlines
- Good editorial judgment; demonstrated ability to produce original and enterprising news reports
- Ability to manage new and emerging technologies
- Knowledge of iNews an asset
- Valid driver’s licence and good record
- Bilingualism required
Bilingualism is required (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Media - Talent
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/30/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.