Multi Media Journalist, Bell Media
Req Id: 373592
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position: Multi Media Journalist
Job Status: Regular- Full time
Location: CTV Calgary (Calgary, Alberta)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Overtime as required.
- Reporting to the Managing Editor, this multi-talented and motivated team player will be based in Calgary, Alberta and will be responsible for performing the functions of a Video Journalist. Typical duties would include, but not be limited to:
- Interviewing, writing, shooting, editing, producing and reporting, of local news stories.
- Producing compelling web copy.
- Anchoring live newscasts on occasion.
- Proven ability to generate original story ideas and to complete the appropriate scripting, editing and production of the story to get to air.
- Gathering content for newscasts.
- Editorial decision making.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Post Secondary education in Television Broadcasting or Broadcast Journalism, in combination with writing, ENG experience is a must.
- Must possess excellent editorial, writing and research skills and have previous commendable developed experience in editing material for on air.
- Working knowledge of, and consistent previous experience using ENG Camera equipment is a must.
- Exhibit superior judgement.
- MUST have a proven track record of consistently being able to work under pressure with a demonstrated ability to react quickly and productively in a changing environment requiring immediate decision-making.
- MUST have ability to work with minimal supervision and within a team environment with emphasis on internal assistance and upholding professional standards.
- Applicants will be reviewed based upon competence, ability, skill, and potential to consistently achieve results.
- A valid driver’s licence is required
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Alberta : Calgary
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/25/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, AB, Calgary
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.