Multi Media Journalist, Bell Media
Req Id: 360391
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position: Multi Media Journalist, Bell Media
Location: CTV Atlantic
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Overtime as required based on operational needs
Will include working shift work –evenings, weekends and on Holidays
- Responsible for on-going, pro-active coverage of regional and local issues in the Maritimes coverage area
- Contribute to CTV Atlantic news programs by gathering video, conducting interviews, writing news stories, and creating digital content
- Operate live broadcast technology, including but not limited to, microwave, satellite, and Dejero (Box units and apps)
- Operate ENG equipment, including Atlas technology, for news gathering
- Edit news material in the station and in the field
- Research and write news stories for the web
- Provide backfill for other news and operations positions as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years current work experience in a news operation
- Post-Secondary education in journalism, broadcasting, communication or equivalent
- In-depth knowledge of the Atlantic Canada, national and international news
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines of several simultaneous duties, while maintaining focus
- Ability to work in a team, work independently, and be self-motivated
- The successful applicant must demonstrate a high degree of adaptability and must be committed to learning in a fast-paced environment
- Candidates must be capable of lifting and carrying camera equipment (up to 45 pounds)
- Experience in the operation of ENG and non-linear editing equipment
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity and curiosity
- Excellent understanding of journalistic ethics
- Demonstrated engagement with social media (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Experience with iNews and Dejero technology preferred
- Creative storytelling skills and strong news judgment
- A valid driver’s license and a good driving record are required
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Non Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/03/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, NS, Halifax
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.