Req Id: 366031
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Corporate Services is at the centre of the action, providing the support that enables Bell’s industry leadership. Our Corporate Security & Responsibility, Communications, Human Resources, Procurement & Value Creation and Real Estate teams work collaboratively to drive our corporate strategy forward.
As a Specialist, Facilities Infrastructure, you will be required to support operational activities related to the mechanical infrastructure required to ensure the efficient operation of a telecommunications and/or data management production environment. In addition to providing engineering operations support to the project management and operations groups, you will take part in risk-management strategic analysis and help establish and analyze study frameworks. As such, you will be required to act as an expert in identifying, guiding and validating initiatives aimed at meeting growth objectives and/or minimizing the risks associated with a mission-critical environment. You will also be required to help commission critical systems and validate their robustness and reliability.
Job duties and accountabilities
- Define and analyze study frameworks in order to establish intervention plans aimed at meeting a growth requirement or at minimizing an operational risk.
- Define the technical scope of various preventive and predictive maintenance programs. Assess the impact of implementing these programs.
- Provide technical engineering support to project managers for technical or complex projects.
- Define technical and functional programs as well as the company’s engineering standards in order to carry out mechanical projects aimed primarily at ensuring the reliability of the client’s telecommunications network and to meet growth requirements.
- Complete the design/integrated solutions guide with our partners (Consultants and Integrators).
- Assist in the review of specific methods and procedures related to high-risk work.
- Identify the risks and appropriate operating methods.
- Act as expert in terms of managing the required mechanical infrastructure and establishing corporate strategies.
- Assist in the commissioning of critical equipment supporting the production systems mentioned in the position description.
- Work with equipment manufacturers, contractors and consultants at plants and work sites to validate the performance and proper operation of the equipment and critical systems delivered.
- Participate in the technical and regulatory compliance program regarding noise and air emissions and petroleum facilities.
Required qualifications and competencies
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Class G driver’s permit
- Knowledge of telecommunications / data management equipment
- At least 3 to10 years’ experience in building design or mechanical infrastructure management
- Solid knowledge of mission-critical application concepts
- Solid grasp of building codes, specifically:
- Ontario Building Code Division B (relevant sections)
- CAN/CSA C282 and B139
- Refrigeration code B52
- TSSA Code Adoption(s)
- Knowledge of reciprocating engine generator sets
- Familiar with Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
- Dynamic approach and ability to work as part of a team
- Available for occasional travel
- Considered an asset:
- PEO designation (P.Eng or EIT).
- Knowledge of Tier Certifications from the Uptime Institute
- Knowledge of TIA certifications (Telecommunications Industry Association )
- NFPA 72 & 76
- Knowledge of critical equipment commissioning practices
- Knowledge of mission-critical building best practices
- Strong cross-functional knowledge (electrical equipment)
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Ontario : Ajax || Canada : Ontario : Brampton || Canada : Ontario : Burlington || Canada : Ontario : Cambridge || Canada : Ontario : Hamilton || Canada : Ontario : Kingston || Canada : Ontario : Kitchener || Canada : Ontario : London || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Oakville || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Pickering || Canada : Ontario : Waterloo || Canada : Ontario : Whitby
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 06/10/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada , ON , Mississauga
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.