Master Control Operator, Summer Student, Bell ExpressVu
Req Id: 369191
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
Name and description of the hiring department:
The new Bell TV Multi-Function Room Operator (MFR) is responsible for monitoring all technical broadcast activities during their shift. Bell TV is looking for an individual who shows exceptional personal drive. Position requires flexible hours to cover a 7-day, 24-hour operation that includes overnight, weekends and holidays. A qualified candidate should be a team player, willing to learn something new every day, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, work well under pressure and possess a good understanding of computers. Even if your degree is not necessarily in Broadcast or Computer Science, but you have passion in technology and can think on your feet, you may be who we are looking for.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Monitor 1000+ channels to ensure the quality and stability of services on all platforms
- Report equipment problems to Engineering and perform emergency workarounds (Simultaneous Substitution)
- Perform Live to Air switching to Live for special events
- Act as the liaison between all Content Providers and Bell TV
- Perform other duties as requested
Required Competencies and Skills:
- Experience in a broadcast environment
- Knowledge of HD, 4K, IP technologies
- Knowledge and proficiency of broadcast streaming video formats
- Knowledge and proficiency of Over-the-Top (OTT) applications
- Knowledge of backhaul infrastructure network
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Possess strong organizational skills while supporting the success of a team
- Acts well in high pressure situations
- Interaction with various dashboards on an ongoing basis while remaining focused
- Solid PC based computer skills
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and associated tools (Trello Boards, Kanban)
- Enthusiastic attitude that supports and allows constant development of skills and practices
- The ideal candidate for the position should have experience or knowledge of Broadcasting / Network related fields
- Knowledge of signal flow and an understanding of IP technologies
- 7 day, 24 hour operation that includes overnight shifts, weekends and holidays
Job location address: 115 Scarsdale Rd, Toronto (Ontario)
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Summer Student
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 06/24/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.