Managing Digital Producer, BNNBloomberg.ca, Bell Media
Req Id: 372891
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Job Duties / Accountabilities:
At a time when money really matters, come work at centre of it all. BNN Bloomberg is an emerging power in the personal finance digital space, while also being Canada’s undisputed leader in business television. BNNBloomberg.ca reaches millions of Canadians with its top-notch video, real-time data, breaking news, investing advice and features. We are looking for an experienced and innovative journalist who understands millennial and Gen Z investors and the future of work, while also being able to explain complicated economic data.
Reporting to the News Director, Digital Growth, the Managing Digital Producer will lead the BNN Bloomberg digital team. The successful candidate will have daily newsroom experience, excellent communication skills and experience writing and editing for a digital audience.
- Manage writers, editors and the digital content team
- Oversee day-to-day editorial strategy
- Develop and execute content and social media strategy
- Work independently with other teams to develop interactive and explanatory features
- Manage multiple social media streams and distribution
- Maximize the value from access to content from our partner, Bloomberg, the world’s leading business information company
- Work closely with broadcast producers to extend video content on the website, and extend web-based content into the broadcast environment
- Keep on top of trends and latest digital innovations
- Consult with producers at CTVNews.ca and CP24.com to maximize the reach of our digital content
- Degree in Journalism
- At least 5 years of digital news experience, with 2 or more of those in a leadership role
- Experience managing and supervising a team in a newsroom
- Experience copy editing and proofreading written content
- Candidates must have a strong knowledge of Canadian business news and financial content
- Excellent writing and editing skills, plus solid knowledge of CP Style
- Familiarity with content management systems and news gathering systems
- Demonstrated ability to originate coverage on both breaking news as well as popular trends and features
- Demonstrated ability to think visually when crafting a story
- Highly organized, self-motivated and creative
- Able to handle multiple tasks and maintain creativity in a high-pressure, deadline oriented environment
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/30/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.