Manager, Field Operations Northern Tel, CC2
Manager, Field Operations Northern Tel, CC2
Req Id: 275833
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell's Field Services team is proud to be the face of the Bell brand, performing the best installation and repair services and maintaining Bell's network for our residential and business customers.
Northern Tel's Field Services team is responsible for delivering services to residential and business customers in order to perform at the level of the installation and repair for different products and services such as PBX/IP telephony systems, data and the maintenance of our outside plant. Upon the team mandate, the manager has to supervise the installation activities of products and services, in close cooperation with many different team members to ensure both internal and external customer satisfaction.
This posting concerns the installation and repair of both residential and business markets (landline and FiberOp), data, central office and also cable repair. The successful manager will have to accept to be on call and represent the entire Northern Tel area.
Job duties and accountabilities:
- Lead a team of I&R, CO, and Cable technicians (from an administrative work center and on the road)
- Monitor and improve the team members' work productivity and performance
- Ensure exemplary service and work quality for customers
- Manage conformance and performance gaps and implement action and/or improvement plans
- Manage work attendance
- Manage spending and overtime
- Coach, support, advise and guide technicians in terms of their technical development and the tools available to them
- Ensure business objectives and the department's objectives are met (including the tools usage compliance)
- Communicate, influence and mobilize employees relative to the competencies and skills of the Bell leadership success profile Actively participate in decisions impacting the team's development
- Maintain a reliable inside and outside network
- Accept to be on call and work irregular hours during major service outages
Essential skills and competencies:
- Solid aptitudes for managing, influencing and mobilizing a work team in terms of the objectives to attain and competencies and skills to acquire
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent teamwork abilities
- Facilitate effectively the communication of the company's decisions and business plans
- Active listening skills
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Recognized operational management abilities (customer and employee satisfaction, value-based measures and process efficiency)
- Creativity, autonomy, entrepreneurship and an ability to think outside the box
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Highly developed technical aptitudes (outside plant, central offices, phone systems)
- Superior decision-making ability focused on service-quality results
- Advanced computer skills (ex.:MS Office)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Preferred skills and competencies:
- Knowledge of the following services: voice, internet and TV for residential/business, DATA/IPVPN, central offices, outside plant
- Knowledge of the construction and maintenance standards and practices for the copper and fiber optic networks
- A minimum of two years' experience managing unionized personnel, particularly Unifor technicians
- Sound knowledge of the business processes of Field Services, NPP, Expertech, Test centre and/or the Control Centre
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management Job Status: Regular - Full Time Job Location: Canada : Ontario : New Liskeard Application Deadline: 03/12/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com .
Created: Canada , ON , New Liskeard
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.