Manager, Field Operations
Manager, Field Operations
Req Id: 292524
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell’s Field Services team is proud to be the face of the Bell brand, performing the best installation and repair services and maintaining Bell’s network for our residential and business customers.
The Field Service Manager is responsible for customer service Installation and Repair of all copper and fibre services, including operational logistics and Sales support within the Area, as well as proactive maintenance. The Manager is directly responsible for the safety, supervision, and direction of technical staff with an emphasis on service quality and reliability. Primary areas of focus are technician scorecard results, technical support, and coaching for staff, performance management, and productivity while ensuring timely resolution of customer concerns. The Manager has direct accountability for positive employee relations and overall employee communication for the assigned Area in which they work. In addition to the operational responsibilities, the Field Service Manager represents Bell Aliant as required within the area by interfacing with government, business, and community as it relates to customer service requirements, and in partnership with Sales and Engineering for ongoing programs and projects.
• Coach and support technical staff to meet productivity and service targets
• Administer an Accident Prevention Plan
• Conducts safety meetings and inspections on tools/vehicles/work sites
• Provides local technical support
• Provides customer follow-up on installation and repair
• Ensures conformity to environmental standards
• Financial management of their budget
• Communicates Corporate and Regional Business Plans, and incorporates this direction into local initiatives
• Accountability for corporate assets in the area in cooperation with Fleet & Buildings
• Understand and manage service indicators by working closely with Service Level Manager and Test and Dispatch
• Maintain effective labor relationships by understanding and administering the collective agreement
• Post Secondary or equivalent management and job experience
• A working knowledge of Consumer Services, Business, Network, Data, Outside Plant design, maintenance schedules & Emerging Services
• Strong technical background and willingness to learn
• Strong organizational skills
• Leadership and people management skills
• Ability to work with senior leaders, peers, and staff to meet objectives
• Flexibility in approach to problem-solving and resolution of staff issues
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities effectively
• Willingness to travel as required
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : New Brunswick : Bathurst
Application Deadline: 06/09/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, NB, Bathurst