Line Cable Technician, Bell MTS
Req Id: 359691
Bell MTS is proud to be Manitoba’s leading communications company, providing a comprehensive and innovative suite of broadband communications and content services to consumers, businesses, not-for-profit organizations and governments.
Supported by Bell’s industry-leading investments in advanced networks and media content, Bell MTS provides TV, high-speed Internet, 4G LTE Wireless, home phone, security systems and business services including unified cloud and managed services.
At Bell MTS, our employees are at the heart of our success. Join our team today!
Responsible for placing, maintaining/removing aerial & underground outside plant network facilities in accordance with Bell MTS standards. Perform splicing/installation duties on a variety of Outside Plant Facilities including all types of aerial, buried, building & underground fiber optic or copper cables, digital/analog carrier systems, loading coils, terminals, repeaters & amplifiers along with associated attachments on poles or in pedestals, hand hole and pits, for capital construction projects and broadband network orders. Provides repair and maintenance functions on network facilities as required. Operates a variety of vehicles and power equipment. Works collaboratively with a team and provides direction/on job training to other technicians as required.
- Post-secondary diploma in Communication Engineering Technology, Computer Engineering Technology or Electronic Engineering Technology, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in the placing, installation, or splicing of Outside Plant Facilities with demonstrated ability to understand Bell MTS work plans and drawings
- Experience with personal computers working in a Windows environment with a variety of office applications including experience with GCOMM
- Able to manage a physically demanding workload involving heavy lifting, climbing and working aloft (poles, ladders), carrying heavy equipment, as well as work in confined areas (such as manholes) and working outdoors in all weather conditions. Must pass pole climbing training if not currently certified
- Must be willing to work shifts, weekends, and statutory holidays and to participate in a Line Cable callout list if required
- Possess a valid Manitoba driver's license and be willing to travel throughout the province by vehicle, boat, airplane, helicopter, fixed wing plane, ATV, and snowmobile
- Have or be willing to obtain Class 3 license
- Ability to work independently in remote locations, for extended periods of time
- PCM, HDSL and Hatteras experience
- Air Brake endorsement on driver’s license
- Fiber Optic splicing and testing experience
- Knowledge of testing principles and experience working with test equipment such as Vivax 205 and EXFO 635G CR
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Manitoba : Arborg
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 05/31/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, MB, Arborg
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.