Req Id: 377391
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Bell Media Québec is looking for a java software engineer to join the development team for the implementation of promotional and transactional websites and mobile applications owned by Bell Media (TV, Radio, RDS, TSN, CTV News, and more). The candidate will participate in the development of a web platform allowing reusability of components on many brands in a multidisciplinary team.
The position requires including and implementing Agile Scrum development methodologies in every research, analysis, prototyping and interfaces development (web, application software, mobile) initiatives.
- Participate in the analysis, design, and development of new data driven Web Services;
- Participate in the upkeep, the after-hours support and the maintenance of existing and future projects;
- Provide accurate estimates based on business requirements;
- Understand and apply Scrum rules and principles in every task;
- Work with the infrastructure team to find innovative solutions and deliver value;
- Assure the quality of the work by writing and running unit tests;
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- 3 years of experience in java development;
- 2 years of experience with NoSQL databases (Redis);
- 2 years of experience with the Spring Framework;
- 2 years of experience with Service Oriented Architecture or Micro-Services (APIs and SDKs);
- 2 years of experience in writing unit and integration tests;
- Experience in OOP and design patterns;
- Experience with Spring Boot, Gradle, Git, Tomcat, Nexus, Docker, Gitlab;
- Worked in Agile methodology environments;
- Autonomy and an ability to learn are critical to being part of the team;
- Gifted thinker who is extremely resourceful, pays attention to detail and is proactive;
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, and a good sense of humour;
- Team player who always put the interest of the team above all other priorities;
- Strong time management skills and work ethic (highly motivated) to manage multiple projects/accountabilities
- Watching/Understanding sports events is an advantage (ex: Hockey, Basketball, Football, etc.)
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 07/17/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
#LI-DB1 #tech #indeed #talent
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.