IP Technical Support Manager (Summer Student)
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 134 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Our Network team plans, designs, builds and operates Bell’s multi-billion dollar networks, including the continued expansion of our fibre optic network, HSPA+ and LTE — Canada’s largest and fastest wireless network.
The service we provide is the foundation of Bell’s competitive advantage and a critical step towards achieving Bell’s goal to be recognized by customers as Canada’s leading communications company.
Data Network Services and Support (DNSS) collectively supports the development, provisioning, maintenance and security of networks by providing sound technical guidance and lasting results. Individuals within DNSS:
- Promote innovation and resourcefulness by sharing knowledge, building competence and partnering,
- Set and maintain standards of best practice and professional awareness,
- Are advocates of the "One and Done" way of life.
The position is within the IP Technical Support section. The team tests and certifies new Hardware and Software, including Network Solutions for Bell Canada’s IP Core and Edge network. The team works closely with equipment vendors, front Line Operations teams, Technology and IP Engineering.
- The Support Manager will provide initial assessment including impacts, hardware/software, and tools requirement for NTI, NPI, CSAP as deemed required by the internal program manager.
- The Support Manager will attend subsequence NTI/NPI technical meetings/conference calls as required for the duration of the introduction cycle.
- The Support Manager will become the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for the Subject Matter Experts (SME) in the other Level 2 Support team such as OSS, Security, etc.
- The Support Manager will maintain full communication with the team’s Program Manager in terms of project status, dates, etc. Program Manager track these information and present these information back to the project team as required.
- The Support Manager will communicate to COVE lab manager with equipment and installation requirement so that cabinet space and power can be pre-arranged.
- The Support Manager will prepare a Network test plan, partnering with Technology Development, IS/IT, IP engineering, L1 iNOC/Test Center and L3 Support and as well as working in conjunction with Service Assurance to prepare a Service test plan. The plan will then be communicated to COVE lab manager for further scheduling and lab preparation.
- The Support Manger will conduct a test plan peer review with affected stakeholders to solicit input and sign-off
- The Support Manager will interface with external vendor and the team’s Vendor Manager. He/She will act as a SPOC for other teams within Bell.
- The Support Manager will validate and document NTI/NPI/CSAP and the results will be presented to their downstream Support Team for acceptance.
- The Support Manager will be involved in MOP creation and testing, assisting the L1/L3 Support teams.
- The Support Manager will be involved with the creation of a training plan, including Job Aids to be leveraged by our downstream Support teams.
Job Duties and Accountabilities:
- Act as SME for particular technology for IS/IT, L1/L3 Support and technology development
- Perform role of vendor interface, addressing issues as required and ensuring resolution
- Act as coach for operational teams, providing assistance and documentation as required
- Ensure smooth introduction of new products and services through evaluation, testing and documentation
Critical Skills and Competencies
- Strong knowledge/experience in TCP/IP networks including (OSPF, BGP, MPLS, QoS, Multicast, Traffic Engineering).
- Experience troubleshooting BGP, MPLS, and QoS network troubles.
- Minimum IP certification: CCNP or JNCIS.
- Computer literate, proficiency with office automation products/tools.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Technical writing skills.
- Excellent problem solving techniques and trouble analysis skills.
- Excellent time and resource management skills.
- Knowledge/experience in working in a 7/24 Network Operations environment.
- Industry certifications, such as CCIE or JNCIE would be invaluable.
- University degree in Engineering or Computer Science is an asset.
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.