IoT Solution Architect
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell IT team uses emerging technologies, Agile and DevOps to design and build innovative solutions that enable Bell's communications services for businesses and consumers. We're looking for creative problem-solvers who are curious, collaborative and ready to be on the leading edge of technological transformation.
We are currently recruiting an ambitious Solution Architect to join our IoT team. You will play a pivotal role in defining and creating the upcoming Bell IoT Solutions platforms.
Being a small team allows our team members to make key decisions and take ownership over their projects. We highly encourage collaboration within our engineering teams across all projects.
- You will work closely with a friendly, passionate team located in Montréal and Toronto
- You will have a key role and the opportunity to grow inside the organization
- You will experience awesome team spirit
- You will help to build, hire and lead our dev teams
The Bell IoT team is a very collaborative and dynamic work environment. We build our new products around collaboration within BCE, team ideas and audacity. And we're excited to have you join us!
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of hands-on experience with SaaS solutions or experience with traditional enterprise solutions.
- Experience working with industry analysis and enterprise technology sales.
- Experience producing technical assets and writing technical documentation.
- MS degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years of direct experience working with a variety of enterprise solutions, designing solutions, or developing business applications.
- Experience in the business technology market, and expertise working closely with sales and marketing teams in SaaS solutions or related technical fields.
- Experience in building automation and infrastructure monitoring
- Understanding of the current state of infrastructure automation, continuous integration/deployment, SQL/NoSQL, security, networking, and cloud-based delivery models.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to a broad range of audiences.
- Launch products and releases on a regular basis.
- Develop new products and enhance existing products.
- Identify technical opportunities and define technical vision and strategy.
- Understand customer needs and gather technical requirements.
- Facilitate deep technical discussions with engineers, customers, partners, and executives.
- Provide customer and market feedback to product and engineering teams to help define product direction.
- Provide domain expertise around multiple IoT solutions: smart city, smart building, smart industrial, IoT digital signage and enterprise technology, and effectively promote Bell solutions to customers, at conferences, and online.
- Support Account Managers and Sales Engineering teams as needed through all phases of new customer engagement.
- Create and deliver best practice recommendations, tutorials, blog posts, sample code, and presentations adapted to technical, business, and executive partners.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 05/17/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com .
#LI-CC2 #Feature TC:ITN