Human Resources, Consultant
Req Id: 245868
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Corporate Services is at the centre of the action, providing the support that enables Bell's industry leadership. Our Corporate Security & Responsibility, Communications, Human Resources, Procurement & Value Creation and Real Estate teams work collaboratively to drive our corporate strategy forward.
As a Human Resources Generalist, the successful candidate will report directly to the Senior Human Resources Consultant. Your mandate will be to advise and support managers on all employee relations topics, including performance, compensation and development as well as HR programs and processes. In addition, you will be responsible for providing substantial metrics, analytics and insights to support the successful execution of client strategies and the business strategy that we support.
You will have an important role in developing and implementing solutions based on processes and best practices, while ensuring compliance with all internal policies and federal/provincial laws.
It is important that the successful candidate be able to:
- Manage day-to-day HR activities while fostering the coaching and development of team managers
- Advise and coach team managers by making recommendations concerning employee relations matters: complaints, disciplinary action, absenteeism, performance, etc. In collaboration with the HR team, analyze, recommend and implement specific initiatives for improving work organization and internal processes
- Coordinate communications and all annual processes, especially regarding performance evaluation, the organizational survey and the compensation process.
- Support HR initiatives by consolidating data, summarizing results and key trends, updating materials and preparing reports and presentations to meet local and corporate requirements
- Analyze, identify and prepare the required statistics and reports to support decisions
- Develop, organize, coordinate and ensure timely and accurate completion of various HR-related projects
- BBA in human resources, business management or industrial relations
- CHRP, an asset
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in business management, human resources or labour relations
- working or advanced knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, Excel and SAP
Critical Qualifications / Competencies:
- Experience with complex files: Labour relations, and complaint management
- Ability to learn quickly in a specialized and constantly evolving environment
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Experience with a coaching approach in communications, ability to influence others, diplomacy
- Self-motivated, customer-focused professionalism, excellent stress-management abilities, solid organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Analytical skills and ability to summarize information - Ability to question the status quo
- Ability to compile complex information, gathered from multiple sources (vertical lookup functions, pivot tables, etc.)
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Additional Information: Position Type: Management Job Status: Regular - Full Time Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto Application Deadline: 10/22/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Created: Canada , ON , Toronto