Freelance - Producer, Director, Bell Media
Req Id: 371255
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Title: Freelancer – Producer, Director
Immediate Supervisor: Executive Producer for Programming
The producer / director ensures the production / directing of various shows produced live or in editing for which he / she is responsible according to the mission, values, objectives, strategies and plan of action from the Le Réseau des Sports, RDS2, RDS Info and RDS.ca. After consultation with the relevant stakeholders, he (she) is responsible for the development of the concept, its presentation, the writing of the texts, the directing, the production, the management and the presentation.
Nature and extent:
Under the responsibility of the Executive Producer for Programming, the producer / director must produce and direct various shows for the Programming service.
- Plan the concept, production, editing of various programs;
- Perform live / delayed broadcasts in multi-camera mode;
- Direct the editing of various shows, clips and other production elements;
- Stay informed and on the edge of technological developments;
- Other related tasks.
Knowledge and skills:
- Have a college diploma and a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience
- Good knowledge of the television production industry
- Have a good knowledge of sports
- Experience in concept development and writing in video production
- Have a strong communication, planning, organization skills and respect for priorities; be attentive to details, thoroughness in the execution of tasks
- Schedule flexibility
- Knowledge of broadcasting rules (i.e. CRTC, Advertising standards, etc.)
- Perfectly master French and English (spoken and written)
- Master MS Word, Powerpoint and MS Excel office software and different editing methods
Human relations skills:
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrate great interpersonal relations, teamwork, tact and diplomacy skills
- Ability to manage tight deadlines
- Maintaining harmonious relationships
- Must reflect RDS values
Management experience and knowledge:
- Budget management
- Time management
- Project management
- Planning and organization
Bilingualism is required (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Media - Freelancer
Job Status: Temporary - Part time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 05/19/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.