Freelance Digital and Social Content Producer, Lifestyle, Bell Media
Req Id: 373136
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position: Digital and Social Content Producer, Lifestyle
Location: 299 Queen St W. Toronto
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Overtime as required.
Duration: Freelance - 1-year contract
Bell Media’s digital content creation team is looking for a multi-platform content creator who lives and breathes all things social media. Operating in an extremely fast-paced, exciting, and collaborative environment with globally recognized entertainment brands and series, we create digital and social content that is culturally relevant while standing out in the vast landscape of news, entertainment and lifestyle editorial.
As a Digital and Social Content Producer, you will be responsible for ideation and creation of original content for our Lifestyle brands of the Marilyn Denis Show, CTV Recipes and select CTV & Crave series and programs with a specific focus on Pinterest, Instagram, and TikTok.
You are a creative thinker and storyteller who strives to initiate meaningful conversations online. Always on the pulse of what’s up and coming, you thrive in social spaces, and are passionate about sharing and amplifying diverse and meaningful stories, in new creative ways. You take initiative, embrace feedback, and use your creative skills and strategic thinking to achieve measurable results. The successful candidate combines an eye for design with effective copywriting and prides themselves on their attention to detail.
If this sounds like you and if you have something to say, are obsessed with lifestyle and food culture, have amazing life hacks that you need to share - we want to hear from you.
- Pitch and create exceptionally compelling social, editorial & digital video content for brands like The Marilyn Denis Show, CTV Recipes and select CTV & Crave social platforms that drive engagement as well as traffic.
- Contribute to day-to-day posting and moderating of content.
- Produce articles, recipe pages, and supporting social editorial.
- Manage website features and promotions.
- Write engaging and effective copy that talks with instead of at our audiences.
- Work with broadcast producers on conceptualizing and executing cross-platform content strategies.
- Moderate, and ensure content is timely, accurate and embodies the voice and tone of our brands.
- Produce and package digital assets and templates.
- Attend creative brainstorms, and develop cross-platform content plans, and presentations.
- Write and publish relevant web content as needed.
- Keep on top of industry news, trends and digital and social innovations.
- Monitor metrics to ensure KPIs are being met, and make data-driven content decisions.
- Other duties assigned by Managing Editor / Executive Producer.
- Degree/Diploma in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a social media producer/editor with proven experience in digital storytelling and audience growth.
- Expert knowledge of all social media platforms, with specific Pinterest and TikTok experience preferred.
- Passionate interest in lifestyle culture: food, travel, parenting, shopping, fashion, etc.
- Always up-to-date with the latest news, trends and discussions.
- Proven experience leveraging social media analytic platforms to inform strategy.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Experience leading and executing multiple projects at once in an environment that is fast-paced, demands trend-setting creativity and ability to execute against challenging timelines.
- Holds high content standards and attention to detail.
- Positive, proactive and collaborative team player.
- Demo reel or portfolio showcasing your social content production experience.
Additional experience considered an asset:
- Photography/videography skills.
- Experience with social measurement listening and analytic tools with understanding of KPIs and industry benchmarks.
- Knowledge of CMS platforms.
- Adobe Creative Suite or other creative production platforms.
- Certifications for YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Google Analytics.
Application Details: Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Media - Freelancer
Job Status: Temporary - Part time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 06/03/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.