Financial Planning and Analysis, Bell Residential and Small Business
Req Id: 360916
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Finance Team manages the performance and risk profile of Bell, ensuring the needs of customers, investors and employees are balanced with long-term business success. We work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop and execute plans that help the company achieve its strategic objectives and ensure financial sustainability.
The Bell Canada Finance team is seeking an experienced finance professional and leader who shares the passion of being a trusted value added business partner to the Bell Residential and Small Business teams (‘BRSB’).
The BRSB Finance team is responsible for reporting results of one of Bell’s largest revenue generating business units and growth areas. The team works closely with various finance teams, strategic planning and corporate groups. The team’s mandate is to deliver insightful financial information and analysis to the executive team to influence decision making and drive greater profitability, while ensuring financial integrity.
The Manager Finance, BRS Revenues will be responsible for one of BRSB’s revenue portfolios focusing on analysis, forecasting and long range planning. The role provides an opportunity to work in a highly visible, constantly evolving, and stimulating area providing direct support to the Executive team. The successful candidate must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in finance/planning and analysis roles and will report to the Senior Manager, Finance.
- Ownership of the revenue portfolio and develop an in-depth knowledge of revenue and billing processes and use it for analysis of results and forecasts
- Responsible for the month end reporting and forecasting process for the portfolio and the associated in-depth variance analysis, including in-year forecasts, annual budgets and long range plans
- Completion of regular flash updates through-out the month, understand and explain variances to forecast
- Prepare financial analysis materials for executive team presentations
- Management of various ad hoc requests requiring a quick and efficient turnaround
- Manage multiple deadlines and meet all corporate requirements
- Drive continuous improvement of month-end and forecasting models and processes
- Involvement in revenue team projects as they arise to re-build forecasting models, and redefine the reporting infrastructure
- Professional designation preferred (CA, CMA, CGA or MBA)
- 2-5 years’ experience in financial analysis and planning
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines, and to prioritize various concurrent deliverables
- Very strong analytical skills and relentless attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to move from the detail to the big picture and to summarize for management review
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and a natural ability to work with large amounts of data and to create, maintain and modify revenue models with variance analysis
- Strong communication skills able to work effectively with various cross-functional groups and management levels while also being able to work independently
- A self-starter with the curiosity and drive to dig into issues and take ownership of them through to resolution
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Nova Scotia : Bedford || Canada : Ontario : Don Mills
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 06/02/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.