Req Id: 363668
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Finance Team manages the performance and risk profile of Bell, ensuring the needs of customers, investors and employees are balanced with long-term business success. We work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop and execute plans that help the company achieve its strategic objectives and ensure financial sustainability.
The Planning and Reporting team at Bell Media plays an integral part in reporting, forecasting, budgeting and strategic planning. The role provides an opportunity to work in an engaging, dynamic and fast-paced environment, providing direct support to the senior management team. The role will report to Senior Manager, Reporting.
- Support the Bell Media monthly reporting process
- Support the AR/DSO reporting, forecasting, budgeting and planning process
- Managing and communicating timelines to meet all corporate requirements, including monthly submissions to the Bell Corporate team and quarterly preparation of information to the Bell Investor Relations team
- Preparation and posting of various monthly journal entries
- Managing the Budget transfer process for Bell Media
- Liaising with business unit finance primes and BCE Corporate groups
- Creating and maintaining month-end templates for business unit finance primes
- Analyzing specific spend areas across all departments
- Tracking risks and opportunities
- Prepare presentation materials for Bell Media and BCE Finance senior leadership teams
- Prepare monthly reporting package on results, including meaningful variance analysis (actuals versus Budget, previous forecasts and Outlooks)
- Act as a BPC expert, Bell Media’s reporting, forecasting and planning tool. Includes assisting and consulting on any BPC related projects and initiatives
- Assist with special projects on an ad hoc basis, such as consistency of reporting across all Bell Media business units and BCE, run assessment and modeling financial impacts of various strategic initiatives.
- CPA professional accounting designation (or working towards)
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Relentless attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to create high quality presentations to management
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of issues and see through to resolution
- Strong ability to partner with various cross-functional groups and management levels
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and balance multiple deliverables
- Exceptional PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Strong communication abilities
- Ability to drive results while fostering a positive and collaborative work environment
- Experience with SAP, BPC is an asset
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/06/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.