Req Id: 359696
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Finance Team manages the performance and risk profile of Bell, ensuring the needs of customers, investors and employees are balanced with long-term business success. We work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop and execute plans that help the company achieve its strategic objectives and ensure financial sustainability.
The Bell Media Finance team supports the operational effectiveness of the company. The team is involved in analyzing financial figures, metrics and system and process issues to support major decisions within the business. We are currently seeking a dynamic, experienced Manager to join the team. Reporting to the Senior Manager, the successful candidate will support the Subscriber Revenue with a focus on BDU (Broadcast Distributors) revenue stream. The team works closely with other finance, operations and cross function business units.
- Primarily working on BDU results, analytics and forecasts across all Bell Media networks with business and Sr. Manager.
- Finance prime accountable for subscription sales & partnerships expense portfolio.
- Collaborate with business partners to ensure open lines of communication; including participation in management meetings for client groups; serve as a business advisor to clients and ensure there is a shared understanding of risks and opportunities associated with business activities;
- Assist in the preparation of various presentation materials for Executive team review
- Support the financial forecasting process for in-year forecasts, budget and long range planning working closely with our business partners and corporate teams.
- Develop and sustain various financial models/reporting via BPC and excel.
- Consolidation of revenue, one-timer, and subscriber results into Media Sub BPC system.
- Support the month-end reporting and variance analysis
- Manage intercompany reconciliation with BCE companies; prepare and process budget transfer as necessary.
- Track intercompany issues/concerns.
- Opportunity to work on Finance Transformation related to this division
- Opportunity to engage with Executive team
- Manage multiple deadlines and meet all corporate requirements
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of information
- Ad hoc special projects
- Minimum 3-5 years working experience in Finance
- Designated Accounting Professional or in process
- Comfortable in complex matrix environment and ability to balance competing demands
- Ability to see the “big picture” and to summarize into an executive review
- Collaborative individual able to partner with cross-functional groups and management levels
- Relentless attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication skills along with the ability to convey financial analysis to management
- Advanced analytical, financial modelling and data mining skills
- Working knowledge of Bell’s financial systems and processes; knowledge of BPC system is an asset
- Solution and process driven; understands how to leverage technology to drive short and long term efficiencies
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of issues and tasks through to resolution.
- Previous industry experience an asset
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 04/29/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.