Req Id: 292898
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Finance Team manages the performance and risk profile of Bell, ensuring the needs of customers, investors and employees are balanced with long-term business success. We work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop and execute plans that help the company achieve its strategic objectives and ensure financial sustainability.
The Information Technology Finance (IT Finance) team is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual to assume the role of Financial Analyst. In this role, you will report to the Senior Manager - Information Technology (IT) Finance and you will provide support to other Senior Managers in the team and directly to the Information Technology team as well. In addition, you will provide business/financial planning assistance and performance management tools to drive business process improvements, and to assist IT in meeting business goals. You will partner with IT planning primes for month end results, provide analysis, and prepare operational budgets and YEEs.
This position offers the opportunity to:
- Broaden your scope of IT, Bell Canada business units and affiliate operations;
- Learn about new products and services as well as emerging technologies while helping influence financial and business decisions;
- Interface extensively with various groups and levels of management;
- Provide data and financial analysis to optimize the success of the business;
- Provide financial analysis and support as well as guidance on any accounting issues or classification.
The successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the following:
- The candidate will report to the Senior Manager - IT Finance
- Lead the annual budget-building processes as well as quarterly forecast updates for selected areas of the business. This involves working as a team member with other business unit managers, soliciting advice and recommendations, and presenting the end result to Senior Management with associated justification.
- Report monthly results in varying formats, ensuring the most meaningful medium for each audience.
- Manage multiple priorities and demands originating from a diverse group of customers located throughout the Finance organizations and develop strong working relationships throughout the organization.
- Manage special project requests and provide financial support to the Operational team.
- Participate and lead diverse initiatives in the Finance team, to promote change.
Critical Qualifications/Competencies :
- University degree in Accounting, Economics, or related discipline; or equivalent work experience
- Strong analytical, business, and problem solving skills
- Confident with strong leadership and communication/presentation skills
- In depth knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize issues
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Detail oriented
- Embraces and encourages change
- Knowledge of telecommunication industry preferred
- Knowledge of SAP and BPC
- Flexible schedule during month/year end periods
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management Job Status: Regular - Full Time Job Location: Montreal || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Quebec City Application Deadline: 06/10/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Created: Canada , ON , Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.