Financial Analyst, Reporting
Financial Analyst, Reporting
Req Id: 270692
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Finance Team manages the performance and risk profile of Bell, ensuring the needs of customers, investors and employees are balanced with long-term business success. We work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop and execute plans that help the company achieve its strategic objectives and ensure financial sustainability.
Job Overview: The Bell Wireless Finance team is responsible for financial planning and reporting activities and supports both the Wireless executive team and the Finance executive team. The Financial Analyst, Service Revenue Reporting will be a key member of the Wireless Finance team, and will be reporting directly into the Senior Manager - Service Revenue Reporting. This role includes being involved in the month end reporting processes and limited forecasting and budgeting. The role also includes analyzing key wireless metrics, as well as developing enhanced, value added financial analysis and insight to help drive improved financial and business performance. In order to do this, the candidate will work closely with the business to understand and evaluate key business trends and to ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial forecast. This role also includes analyzing big data to identify revenue leakage risk/issues, assisting in preparing value added and influential analysis to help drive revenue and EBITDA opportunities.
The successful candidate will need to have a finance background, possess strong analytical and technical skills and a clear ability to identify key business trends and issues. The candidate will also have strong communication skills to build relationships at various levels of the organization and the confidence to participate in Senior-level discussions. In addition, the candidate will be a self-starter that is able to work independently or in a group environment to complete specified tasks under tight deadlines within a fast-paced working environment.
- Analyze monthly results by understanding business initiatives, pricing and seasonal drivers in order to prepare monthly commentary as well as a Reporting Package with KPIs, graphical presentations and dashboards for review with senior management.
- Supporting the month end close process by preparing monthly journal entries and analysis.
- Assist the Senior Manager in various Wireless initiatives to help improve the company's EBITDA results.
- Be a subject matter expert of IFRS 15, to ensure financial impacts are accurately captured and presented in monthly results.
- Leverage statistic and data mining skills as well as the ability to use visualization tools to analyze results by understanding business initiatives and seasonal drivers in order to prepare value added influential analysis for revenue forecasting and EBITDA opportunity analyses.
- Work with the business to identify/validate key business assumptions and incorporate them into the monthly outlook/forecasts as well as the annual budget.
- Provide ad-hoc reports and analysis as required and represent finance in various Wireless projects.
- Provide financial knowledge and represent finance in various Wireless projects which impact the billing system and post-paid revenue
- An accounting designation or working towards a designation (CPA, CMA, CA or CGA)
- Strong financial systems knowledge on SAP, Business Intelligence "BI", BPC, Micro-strategy, SQL and SAS
- Strong technical and analytical skills including rate/volume variance analysis as well as having the ability to manipulate large amounts of data in order to identify business driver relationships as well as potential opportunities
- Excellent Excel skills and possess the ability to present results in a concise manner leveraging charts and graphs and using tools such as PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written) and ability to present to senior management
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize issues
- Ability to partner with cross-functional operational and finance teams
- Ability to streamline processes to improve both speed and accuracy of reporting and planning
- Attention to detail and ability to analyze numbers for accuracy and reasonableness
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in a finance role
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management Job Status: Regular - Full Time Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Toronto Application Deadline: 01/25/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com .
Created: Canada , ON , Mississauga
#LI-CL1 #Feature TC:ITN
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.