Finance Analyst, Radio
Req Id: 371656
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Finance Team manages the performance and risk profile of Bell, ensuring the needs of customers, investors and employees are balanced with long-term business success. We work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop and execute plans that help the company achieve its strategic objectives and ensure financial sustainability.
The Bell Mobility Radio business supports instant communication solutions for public safety services including but not limited to Police, Fire and Ambulance dispatch, secure government communications and private industry solutions. The Finance Manager – Bell Mobility Radio Finance role is a key member of the Wireless Team, reporting to Senior Manager – Finance, Radio and Instant Communications.
This role involves leading the full end-to-end accounting and significant contributions to the budgeting and reporting process for the Mobility Radio Business. In addition identifying and implementing processes, reporting and analytics improvements to guide decision making and promote accountability. The candidate will work closely with partners across Finance, IT, Sales, Operations and Customer Service to ensure accurate, insightful reporting and compliance with contractual obligations.
The successful candidate will be extremely analytical with strong verbal and written communication skills. A key characteristic of a successful candidate is the ability to build relationships at all levels and across various functions of the organization. The candidate will also have a direct report and will be response for day today management and guidance related to the accounting and reporting cycles.
- Reconcile Banks and clear EFT payments
- Approve AP invoices in a timely manner with required accuracy
- Accurately prepare and book monthly journal entries including but not limited to intercompany, capital, accrual and investment.
- Lead month end close and deliver financial reports
- Manage accounting for fixed assets, including but not limited to depreciation, ensuring accuracy of the schedule and reconciling the fixed assets
- Prepare monthly Balance Sheet Rec with high level of accuracy and back up
- Work with controllers on monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and rulings
- Ensure compliance in contractual reporting obligations with customers
- Create, modify and maintain accounts in SAP and SBT
- Generate and maintain SKU’s, scrap tags and CEA for projects
- Support yearly inventory count for the warehouse and provide analysis on the findings
- Prepare meaningful consolidated analysis in a complex reporting environment
- Support various special projects with large customer under tight timelines and with high degree of accuracy
- Maintain reporting, forecasting and budgeting, providing support on strategic growth initiatives, working capital impacts and general ad hoc requests
- Posses or is working towards professional accounting designation (i.e. CPA)
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and drive results
- Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with ERP systems (with accounting module focus), demonstrated proficiency in Excel
- Ability to prioritize multiple deliverables with competing deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of issues and see them through to resolution
- Strong work ethic and great attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Challenge the status quo and questions prior practices where appropriate
- Demonstrated ability to bring structure and logic to abstract tasks
- Bilingual in French and English
- Wireless industry experience preferred
- Experience with SAP, SBT
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/20/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Mississauga
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.