Field Services Technician - Brampton
TECHNICIAN – TELECOMMUNICATIONS
WHO WE ARE?
Bell Technical Solutions (BTS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bell Canada that specializes in the installation of Bell services, including Home Phone, Internet and Fibe TV. BTS operates in the residential and business sectors throughout Québec and Ontario. With more than 6000 employees, BTS has experienced strong growth since its foundation in 1996 and continues to distinguish itself from the competition through highly skilled labour and an unwavering commitment to providing the best possible customer experience.
WHY CHOOSE BTS?
When you choose BTS, you are selecting a company that focuses on job creation, professional development and career advancement. To ensure that we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading Communications Company, we are committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities to help our employees succeed and grow. Choose BTS if you want to make your career aspirations a reality.
The Field Services Team is tasked with the responsibility of providing installation, maintenance, and repair services for business and residential customers using the most advanced network technology in the market. As a Technician at BTS, you will play a key role in ensuring reliable delivery of telecommunications services to our business and residential customers in Ontario. You will install, maintain, and repair Fibe TV and high-speed internet, home phone, and business communications services. Put your excellent customer service skills into action as you provide direct support and guidance and respond to customer inquiries related to our world-class products and services.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Career advancement opportunities
- Wage increase approximately every 6 months, based on a 40 hour work week
- Company provided Smartphone
- Discounts on Bell services (Internet, TV, Home Phone, and Mobility)
- Incentives and rewards
- Paid training
- Company provided apparel
- Acquire industry insight and skills from some of the industry’s most highly skilled technical professionals
WHAT ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Installation, maintenance, and repair of fiber and copper-based telecommunications equipment, products and services
- Provide an exceptional customer experience for our clients
- Troubleshoot complex telecommunications products and systems using a digital multimeter, Smartphone, and PC
- Work independently and also assist other technicians while in the field
- Observe and follow all company Health and Safety rules and policies
- Inform customers of work that will be done
- Learn and understand new products and services
- Act as an ambassador by professionally representing the Bell brand
DO YOU MEET THE REQUIREMENTS?
- Flexible to work various shifts (days, evenings, weekends) and be on call
- Available to work 40 hours per week
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent is required
- Valid Ontario Drivers License (G2 or greater)
- Safe Driving record with no suspensions of any kind on your driving abstract
- Climb ladders without fear of heights
- Work indoors as well as outdoors in all types of weather conditions
- Ability to lift up to 70lbs
- Ability to distinguish colours
- English proficiency, both verbal and written
- Post -secondary education in Electronics/ Electrical Engineering is a considerable asset
Join our team today! Visit www.bell.ca/btsjobs and submit your application online.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment so our employees can perform their jobs well and reach their full potential. We encourage everyone to apply to our job postings, including members of the four designated groups.