Field Service Technician, Bell MTS
Req Id: 325931
Bell MTS is proud to be Manitoba’s leading communications company, providing a comprehensive and innovative suite of broadband communications and content services to consumers, businesses, not-for-profit organizations and governments.
Supported by Bell’s industry-leading investments in advanced networks and media content, Bell MTS provides TV, high-speed Internet, 4G LTE Wireless, home phone, security systems and business services including unified cloud and managed services.
At Bell MTS, our employees are at the heart of our success. Join our team today!
The Technician is responsible for providing installation, maintenance and repair of a variety of outside plant, voice, data, xDSL, IP, UTV, FiON and audio/video equipment on residential and business customer premises or within the MTS network.
NOTE: Non-standard hours of work including evenings and weekends
- Post-secondary education in Communication Engineering Technology, Computer Engineering Technology or Electronic Engineering Technology, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Current experience in the installation, maintenance and repair of a variety of copper and FiON based network telecommunications equipment
- Experience in and knowledge of IP networks, equipment and protocols
- Meet the physical requirements of the position including pole climbing, lifting, carrying, climbing and working aloft. Must pass pole climbing and ladder safety training if not currently certified
- Willing to work in confined areas and work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Willing to complete various security clearance levels to meet customer business requirements
- Willing to work shifts, weekends, and statutory holidays
- Possess a valid Manitoba driver's license and be willing to travel throughout the province by vehicle, boat, airplane, helicopter, fixed wing plane, ATV and snowmobile
- Self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision, with willingness to work independently in remote locations for extended periods of time
- PBX Installation and Repair experience with any of the following products: Avaya Aura(RED) or IP Office; Meridian Option 11, 51, 61, 81 or CS1000; Norstar/BCM Series; Mitel 200 or 3300; Panasonic TDA30, TDE100, TDE200 TDE600, NCP 500, NS700, or NS1000; Cisco Communications Manager, Centrex or Hosted IP Telephony
- Experience and/or knowledge in Test Equipment & Testing Principles (OTDR, Light source & Power meter, Dynatel 965 DSP, JDSU HST3000)
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Manitoba : Thompson
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 05/13/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, MB, Thompson
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.