ETL Developer, Data Engineering
Req Id: 358072
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
About the Role:
Bell is currently seeking an experienced database designer/ETL programmer to build enterprise level database solutions to support advanced analytics, reporting and marketing for customer operations. You will help guide the evolution of a business intelligence data warehouse and enable the agile development of our engine for Next Best Action operations. You will have the opportunity to work with a wide array of data including billing, network performance and customer profile data to drive key business decisions and officially reported company metrics. The work is project based and you will be required to work closely with project managers and business stakeholders to ensure target completion dates are met. The role requires you to work with the business to understand high level requirements and then design a solution using a combination of ETL tools including SAS and SQL to generate the desired results to enable visualization and analytics. You will have the opportunity to work closely with other technologies including big data, data virtualization and Microstrategy.
This is a great opportunity to get exposure to huge and diverse data sets and use your experience to help drive best in class products and customer service.
Job Duties/ Accountabilities:
- Significant experience using ETL tools such as SAS Data Management or Informatica to transform large data sets across different DBMS platforms.
- Expert level SQL skills to aggregate, filter and analyze large data sets on a variety of DBMS.
- Able to debug code written by other people; including understanding the business logic implemented and ensuring the code is optimized.
- Experience using SAS products such as Enterprise Guide and Data Integration studio.
- Ability to work closely with business stakeholders to translate ambiguous requirements into efficient code to deliver expected results.
- Experience reading and understanding business documents (SRS, BRD).
- Able to prioritize, multitask and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills is required.
Critical Skills/ Competencies:
- 5+ years ETL experience.
- 5+ years SQL experience.
- 2+ years developing and optimizing queries on Teradata.
- 2+ years using SAS products with emphasis on Enterprise Guide and Data Integration Studio.
- Experience working with telecom data.
- Familiarity with reporting tools such as Tableau or Microstrateg.
- Familiarity with big data technologies such as Hadoop.
- Experience with Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems, especially in scripting on these platforms.
- Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile : Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/11/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.