Engineering Technician, Dome Productions
Req Id: 375271
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position: Engineering Technician, Dome Productions, Non-mgmt
Location: Dome Productions – 1 Blue Jays Way, Toronto (ON)
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Hours of Work: Regular Full Time. Overtime as required
- Provide engineering support in the operation and maintenance of mobile production facilities. Act as lead engineering technician onsite.
- Set-up mobile production facilities including power connections and proper personnel access that adheres to established safety practices
- Identify, propose and complete technical solutions in support of event production
- Maintain established level of facility performance and inventory on mobile units
- Assist operators and production in usage of facilities with a focus on due care for equipment
- Maintain current knowledge of television broadcast equipment, including switchers, cameras, audio consoles, and media recorders
- Provide complete and thorough detail for event reports and equipment status information according to established practices
- Act as client facing liaison in the field; working closely with team in the office to ensure issues and opportunities are addressed
- Recognized post-secondary degree/diploma in Electronic Technology or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years technical television experience
- Experience as a mobile EIC preferred
- Thorough knowledge of all types of broadcast equipment and expected performance
- Effective communication skills and ability to work through difficulties
- Understanding of remote sports and entertainment broadcasting
- Knowledge of Networking Fundamentals, including LAN/WAN, VPN, Routing, Firewall and remote communication. Experience with AWS implementation and a working knowledge of core AWS products
- Certification, experience and / or training related to Cloud & Service Delivery Frameworks (TOGAF, Microsoft, Amazon, eTOM, ITIL, etc.)
- Must be detailed-orientated, multi-tasking, self-directed with proven ability to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure and deadlines
- Willing and able to travel throughout North America
- Must hold a valid Canadian G-Class driver’s license
- Required to work weekdays, evenings and/or weekends as assigned; specifically evenings/overnight shifts
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment and deal with emergencies as they arise
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Non Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/30/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.