Engineering Broadcast Technician, DomeNet
Req Id: 365314
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position: Engineering Broadcast Technician, DomeNet
Location: Dome Productions – Toronto (Rogers Centre)
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Hours of Work: Temporary-Part Time
Location: Rogers Centre, Toronto ON
- Maintain performance and full service functionality for the managed network systems that are deployed under Dome’s service, provisioned for transport of video, audio and data
- Provide technical support for video/audio based encoding and decoding capabilities along with supporting the services and equipment used to provision web streaming
- Provide support e-sport productions, v-mix instances, cloud software
- Provide feedback to clients and internal teams in determining the appropriate technological production solution to fit their event needs
- Recommend solutions based on the balance between operational efficiency and equipment malfunctions
- Recognized post-secondary degree/diploma in Broadcast or Electronics Technology, or equivalent experience in Broadcast industry
- Minimum of 5 years relative broadcast/media network management experience
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems, networking topology and deployment, VPN tunnels, and network security
- Strong knowledge of vMix production and streaming software
- Thorough knowledge of compression standards MPEG-2, MPEG-4, HEVC, JPEG-2000 encoder/decoder operation, and transport stream analysis
- Familiarity with satellite uplink/downlink chain infrastructure, as well as DVB-S/S2/S2X, ASI and IP transport streams
- Understanding of principles of IP technologies including: Ethernet functions and standards (TCP/IP)
- Excellent knowledge of Networking Fundamentals, including LAN/WAN, VPN, Routing, Firewall and remote communication
- Understanding of
- Proficient with MS Windows, Mac and Linux OS; Proficient with MS Visio
- Thorough knowledge of Evertz Magnum Transport systems and related infrastructure is an asset
- Thorough knowledge of Cisco Meraki, WiFi Network and CISCO Ethernet networks is an asset
- Knowledge of Dejero and Haivision Ecosystems is an asset
- Previous experience working in a broadcast environment
- Previous experience with e-sports streaming and production
- Must hold a valid Canadian G-Class driver’s license
- Must be able to physically attend the Rogers Centre or Oakville plant location
- Required to work weekdays, evenings and weekends as assigned
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment and deal with emergencies as they arise
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Non Management
Job Status: Temporary - Part time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 06/01/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.