ENG Technician Camera, Editor, CTV Washington News, Bell Media
Req Id: 247326
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We're looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
- Title: ENG Technician, Camera, Editor, CTV Washington Bureau, Bell Media
- Status: Temporary Full Time. 12 Months contract
- Location: Washington DC.
- Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
ENG / EFP field camera, sound and lighting work including live remotes and handling all bureau technology. Field/Bureau editing and feeding.
- 3 - 5 years industry experience
- Familiarity with all aspects of electronic news gathering/production/editing
- Operating knowledge of Sony XD-Camera, EX-Camera and recorders
- Experience in non-linear news editing with Avid Media Composer including the use of waveform monitors and vectorscopes
- Familiarity with all aspects of field video, audio and lighting
- Familiarity with live broadcast production including, audio, and remote production working with satellite and microwave vehicles
- Working knowledge of ftp file transfer, live streaming with Dejero or other similar devices and set up and use of a BGAN unit
- Ability to travel on short notice is essential
- Must have experience and willingness to travel to hotspots
- An AKE - Hostile Environment Training course or equivalent would be an asset
- Must have a valid driver's licence
- Must be able to lft/carry up to 22 kg (50 lbs)
- Must be able to routinely check bureau equipment to ensure everything is in working order
- Ability to operate without supervision
- Must be willing to engage in editorial decisions, display a strong interest in news and current events
- Thorough understanding of shoot logistics including complex travel assignments
- Ability to work under pressure, including flexible work hours and weekends
- Must be legally able to work in the United States
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
- Position Type: Management
- Job Status: Temporary - Full Time
- Job Location: All-Over Canada
- Application Deadline: 12/10/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com .
Created: United States , WA , Washington, D.C.