Editorial Producer (Part time), Bell Media
Are you ready to grow your career by taking on a new role at Bell? We always look for qualified internal applicants within our own team to support their development.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Do you know someone who would be perfect for this opportunity? If you refer a qualified candidate who is not a current Bell employee and they are hired, you may be eligible to receive a referral bonus! Simply look for the referral hashtag in the job description to see if this role qualifies.
Position: Editorial Producer – Part Time
Job Status: Regular- Part time
Location: CTV Winnipeg
Salary: Unifor Local 816M - Group XV. Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Hours of Work: Varying shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays. Overtime and additional hours as required, especially during peak holiday periods.
- Contributing scripts, video, and pictures to the station website and social media platforms; including but not limited to breaking news, feature news, and daily news
- Research and build web interactive elements to complement on-line stories
- Create photo galleries
- Coordinating digital content across all platforms
- Develop and deliver visual elements based on leading industry best practices
- Work may include visualizations in infographics, maps, quizzes, timelines and data journalism
- Managing multiple social media streams for news (Twitter, Facebook, G+ and others) and when required, sending news alerts to mobile apps
- Working closely with CTV News producers to extend general broadcast content on the website, and extending web-based content into the TV environment.
- Interviewing story subjects
- Shooting and editing video and sound material to create original video news content for all platforms
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in journalism
- Two years’ experience in a newsroom
- Solid knowledge of broadcast law
- Demonstrated organizational skills; ability to work unsupervised; ability to make independent editorial decisions
- Must have strong copyediting skills, clear and concise writing skills, an excellent command of the English language and excellent spelling skills
- Possess strong news and editorial judgment
- Experience publishing content using a CMS; proficient in After Effects and Photoshop
- Proficient in Canadian Press Style
- Proven ability to identify and master social media trends
- Have a demonstrated ability to work in a deadline driven team environment
- Ability to deal with new and emerging technology
- Must possess a valid Class 5 or equivalent driver’s licence
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Regular - Part time
Job Location: Canada : Manitoba : Winnipeg
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 05/22/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.