Editorial Producer, Bell Media
Req Id: 245700
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We're looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position: Editorial Producer, Bell Media
Location: CTV Winnipeg
Salary: Unifor Local 816M - Group 15. Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Varying shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays. Overtime and additional hours as required, especially during peak holiday periods.
Posting Date: October 4th, 2019
Closing Date: October 14th, 2019
- Contributing scripts, video, and pictures to the station website and social media platforms; including but not limited to breaking news, feature news, and daily news
- Research and build web interactive elements to complement on-line stories
- Create photo galleries
- Coordinating digital content across all platforms
- Develop and deliver visual elements based on leading industry best practices
- Work may include visualizations in infographics, maps, quizzes, timelines and data journalism
- Managing multiple social media streams for news (Twitter, Facebook, G+ and others) and when required, sending news alerts to mobile apps
- Working closely with CTV News producers to extend general broadcast content on the website, and extending web-based content into the TV environment.
- Interviewing story subjects
- Shooting and editing video and sound material to create original video news content for all platforms
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in journalism
- Two years' experience in a newsroom
- Solid knowledge of broadcast law
- Demonstrated organizational skills; ability to work unsupervised; ability to make independent editorial decisions
- Must have strong copyediting skills, clear and concise writing skills, an excellent command of the English language and excellent spelling skills
- Possess strong news and editorial judgment
- Knowledge of HTML, FTP and Photoshop an asset
- Experience publishing content using a CMS; proficient in After Effects and Photoshop
- Proficient in Canadian Press Style
- Proven ability to identify and master social media trends
- Have a demonstrated ability to work in a deadline driven team environment
- Ability to deal with new and emerging technology
- Must possess a valid Class 5 or equivalent driver's licence
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union Job Status: Regular - Full Time Job Location: Canada : Manitoba : Winnipeg Application Deadline: 10/14/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Created: Canada , MB , Winnipeg