Director/Producer, The Social, Bell Media, Temporary, CP2
Req Id: 374838
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
We’re looking for a dynamic and creative person with live, multi-camera directing experience to join our team at The Social. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment and have great leadership skills, then this opportunity may be right for you.
• Provide leadership and direction to the production control room staff for a live show.
• Work closely with producers to execute their vision.
• Ensure all graphics, music and show packaging are delivered consistently and fit with the brand.
• Must be able to set up and showcase various show segments related to lifestyle and talk television
• Must be innovative and creative in visual presentation
• Must be innovative, open and creative to challenging production conditions.
• Other duties as required.
• At least 5 years previous experience in a national network live variety/talk show.
• Experience directing multi camera live studio productions and live events, interviews and demonstrations.
• Experience with automation systems, such as Overdrive, is preferable but not necessary.
• Proven ability to direct in a fast-paced environment.
• Proven ability to make fast competent decisions under pressure and communicate those decisions effectively.
• Proven ability to lead a control room and studio crew.
• Working knowledge of production and technical requirements for live broadcasts and production animation elements.
• Keen interest in current events and pop-culture.
• Understanding of social media
• Ability to lead and motivate staff and personally set a standard for excellence
Hours of Work:
40 hours per week. Overtime as required.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Temporary - Full time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Alberta : Calgary || Canada : Alberta : Edmonton || Canada : British Columbia : Coquitlam || Canada : British Columbia : North Vancouver || Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : British Columbia : West Vancouver || Canada : Manitoba : Winnipeg || Canada : New Brunswick : Moncton || Canada : Newfoundland : St. John's || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Saskatchewan : Regina || Canada : Saskatchewan : Saskatoon
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 05/27/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.